Windows 10: Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

Discus and support Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've used my laptop with Windows 10 for several years with no problems, but recently several problems have developed... I think they all might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimCooper_701, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

I've used my laptop with Windows 10 for several years with no problems, but recently several problems have developed... I think they all might be related, but I'm not sure. I think they all happen at the same time. The only way I've found to resolve the problem is to manually power off the system (by holding the power button until the system shuts off) and then restarting. Usually, after a restart the problems go away. The problems are:

1.) When I click Cntrl-alt-del I get the display which includes starting the task manager, but when I click on Task Manager nothing happens.

1a.) When I click Cntrl-alt-del I get the display which includes opening the start/restart power options; when I click "restart" the system acts as though it is restarting (the screen with the "Restarting" word appears) but it never restarts.

2.) The search box in the task bar is not present

3.) Clicking on the Edge icon on the desktop does not open it. (Other programs seem to function normally.)

4.) Clicking on the Windows button in the lower left of the task bar does not do anything.

5.) When I try to run a task as an Administrator, the task does not open / nothing happens.

I've gone through several of the trouble shooting steps suggested in various web sources, but I get to a point where what I need to do doesn't happen or isn't available.

Any thoughts? (Thanks in advance)

:)

JimCooper_701, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available [​IMG]

Valeriu, Aug 29, 2019
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Aug 29, 2019
  4. rian30 Win User

Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

Nokia 5530 don´t start

Last year I bought a nokia 5530 but a few days ago it don´t start.. It just appear the nokia logo and nothing else... I´ve been trying to hard reset it like you say in here but it doesn´t work... Please help

rian30, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

1. Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available - Similar Threads - Various functions don't

2. Function keys don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys don't work: Most of the time. I notice this mostly when debugging VS where I use them extensively. I tried pressing F1 in Word, mostly nothing. On occasion, I might get help but mostly not. Same with VS. Mostly not but on occasion they sort of work (F10 and F11). I've tried pressing...
  3. Interests aren't available at the moment!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interests aren't available at the moment!: When I open up my computer and type in the website I require, such as Daily Mail, etc, it tells me "Go ahead and tell me to do something. Interests aren't available at the moment". How do I solve this problem. I have rung BT and they say there is nothing wrong with the Wi...
  4. My Function Keys Aren't Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Function Keys Aren't Working: So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver Booster 6, but shortly after doing so my function keys stopped working. On my laptop there is a function key to turn your...
  5. Sound, wifi and bluetooth suddenly aren't available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound, wifi and bluetooth suddenly aren't available: Hi, My wifi, sound and Bluetooth suddenly disappeared. Windows says these devices are not installed. I've tried reinstalling windows. I can't update the drivers as they don't appear on device manager. They don't appear on my bios either. Can anyone help me with...
  6. Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly: Hi, On Windows 10 Pro. I have been seeing these unusual behaviors all at once in the past few days: - Start menu doesn't open up. i.e. when I click on it, it doesn't show up. + when I press "windows button" doesn't show up - Alt + Tab OR windows + tab is not working -...
  7. Windows 10 and it's installer don't start

Windows 10 and it's installer don't start: Hi ! I have an asus laptop (X756UA-TY006T) that is running windows 10. The problem is that the computer starts, shows the asus logo and then it's written "preparing automatic repair" (don't know if it's really written that because I translated it from french) after that,...
  8. Cortana: "Interests aren't available at the moment"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana: "Interests aren't available at the moment": I can search files, but no interest search in Cortana. I'm connected to the internet. I noticed this today after the new cumulative update. Anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it? 62237
  9. Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10

Sound Drivers Don't Function After Installing Windows 10: Greetings, I've recently installed Windows 10 via Microsoft's "Media Creation Tool"[fig. 1] for 64-bit operating systems, selecting the second option to keep only personal files and not apps (thus I'm not able to revert the OS back to 8.1). However, after the instillation, I...
  10. Cortana and Start Menu aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu aren't working: I upgraded to Win 10 a week ago and after a long updating session was well pleased with the OS - everything seemed to work normally and much faster than before. However, a day after the last updates were installed (KB3081449 and KB3081448) my normal screen appeared with a...