Windows 10: Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

Discus and support Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've used my laptop with Windows 10 for several years with no problems, but recently several problems have developed... I think they all might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimCooper_701, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

I've used my laptop with Windows 10 for several years with no problems, but recently several problems have developed... I think they all might be related, but I'm not sure. I think they all happen at the same time. The only way I've found to resolve the problem is to manually power off the system (by holding the power button until the system shuts off) and then restarting. Usually, after a restart the problems go away. The problems are:

1.) When I click Cntrl-alt-del I get the display which includes starting the task manager, but when I click on Task Manager nothing happens.

1a.) When I click Cntrl-alt-del I get the display which includes opening the start/restart power options; when I click "restart" the system acts as though it is restarting (the screen with the "Restarting" word appears) but it never restarts.

2.) The search box in the task bar is not present

3.) Clicking on the Edge icon on the desktop does not open it. (Other programs seem to function normally.)

4.) Clicking on the Windows button in the lower left of the task bar does not do anything.

5.) When I try to run a task as an Administrator, the task does not open / nothing happens.

I've gone through several of the trouble shooting steps suggested in various web sources, but I get to a point where what I need to do doesn't happen or isn't available.

Any thoughts? (Thanks in advance)

:)

JimCooper_701, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available [​IMG]

Valeriu, Aug 29, 2019
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Aug 29, 2019
  4. rian30 Win User

Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

Nokia 5530 don´t start

Last year I bought a nokia 5530 but a few days ago it don´t start.. It just appear the nokia logo and nothing else... I´ve been trying to hard reset it like you say in here but it doesn´t work... Please help

rian30, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available

1. Various Windows 10 functions don't start or aren't available - Similar Threads - Various functions don't

2. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  3. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  4. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost access to various Windows functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost access to various Windows functions: Greetings:For reasons unknown, I've lost access to various windows functions on the taskbar and associated hot keys. These include:Start MenuSearchNetworkSoundInkTime/DateNotification CenterAll other non-Windows icons work fine.I've tried warm/cold reboots and restarting the...
  6. function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.: hi! so recently i started using a blueetooth keyboard, but whenever i press the esc button on the keyboard, it opens a new chrome tab, no matter if i'm gaming or doing anything else. i tried turning off action keys through system bios, but that didn't seem to work, the...
  7. Minecraft Achievements aren't available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Achievements aren't available: I haven't been able to get any achievement unlocks at all since I installed the game about a week ago. I purchased the Windows 10 Edition through the Microsoft Store and am playing it on PC. Is there something I'm not doing to get these?...
  8. Interests aren't available at the moment!

Interests aren't available at the moment!: When I open up my computer and type in the website I require, such as Daily Mail, etc, it tells me "Go ahead and tell me to do something. Interests aren't available at the moment". How do I solve this problem. I have rung BT and they say there is nothing wrong with the Wi...
  9. My Function Keys Aren't Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Function Keys Aren't Working: So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver Booster 6, but shortly after doing so my function keys stopped working. On my laptop there is a function key to turn your...
  10. Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly: Hi, On Windows 10 Pro. I have been seeing these unusual behaviors all at once in the past few days: - Start menu doesn't open up. i.e. when I click on it, it doesn't show up. + when I press "windows button" doesn't show up - Alt + Tab OR windows + tab is not working -...