Windows 10: Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB

Discus and support Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this does not happen in Windows 7. In Windows 10, if i switch tabs or maximize them, they start lagging for a few seconds. As if the entire desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuirkyFrogs, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB

So this does not happen in Windows 7. In Windows 10, if i switch tabs or maximize them, they start lagging for a few seconds. As if the entire desktop is being rendered at 10FPS or 10hz!! Imagine that. Even the mouse cursor is affected by this lag. Then after a few seconds of lag, it goes back to smooth 144hz. Or when playing Black Ops CW or any other game. If i alt tab then go back to the game, the framerate drops by 20-30FPS for 10 seconds or more and then it goes back to normal 144FPS.

Could this be related to my G-Sync monitor? Maybe this is why Win7 is not affected by this strange behaviour? Using a Displayport 1.4 connection.

submitted by /u/QuirkyFrogs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuirkyFrogs, Feb 14, 2021

2. Lag when using alt + tab

Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with
    alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch between pretty much, ANY
    application. It's really rare for a program to stop running because of it. I see on MOST windows laptops that they switch very easily, but mine is slow and lags.

Gavin Grimm, Feb 14, 2021
  3. xCustom17 Win User
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB

alt + tab not working

*Confused Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB

1. Various Windows Lagging Temporarily When Switching Between Them or ALT+TAB - Similar Threads - Various Lagging Temporarily

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  5. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  6. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  7. Alt Tab switching applications but not bringing them to the front.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt Tab switching applications but not bringing them to the front.: Basically the title. When I use alt+tab to switch windows and applications the active program changes but it doesn't bring the program to the front. This happens when I try to use the taskbar as well, have to alt tab three times to change the program and bring it to the...
  8. switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Customization
    switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB: Hi there. We use Office 365 PowerPoint for software training in the extended screen mode, because we need speakernotes on our laptop, presentation on a projector. The powerpoint is made for software training, but this software needs the shared screen option. During the...
  9. Lag when using alt + tab

Lag when using alt + tab: Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch between pretty much, ANY application. It's really rare for a program to stop running because of it. I see on MOST windows...
  10. Windows 10: Cannot switch between Windows using Alt-Tab

Windows 10: Cannot switch between Windows using Alt-Tab: I have looked around the web. Everyone says check updates, isn't really an issue, or make sure system settings set to 'desktop mode.' My windows switch fine using Alt-Tab when in Tablet mode, how can I switch windows using Alt-Tab in desktop mode? The OS is called...