Windows 10: Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

Discus and support Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Over Dose, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Over Dose Win User

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work exclusively and the Acer is primarily for multimedia stuff.

I use the laptops at home and at work. At home I have a Huawei B315 LTE modem (best speeds are 95Mbps Down + 8Mbps Up via Ethernet connection), but I connect the laptops via WiFi to get internet at home. At the office we have a Fibre (100Mbps Up + 100 Mbps Down) connection and the MSI is connected via Ethernet cable for access to server info, and the Acer remains on WiFi, but still has access to the mapped server drives.

Today I fixed another issue related to the Data Usage Meter not working on the MSI laptop, then I ran speed tests at work just to see that all is in order. I discovered that the MSI (Laptop 1) was achieving slower speed test results as compared to the Acer (Laptop 2) laptop.

Here are some of the speed tests I achieved from the work network and the home network.

Work Network:
    MSI Laptop:
    94.71 Mbps Download & 0.81 Mbps Upload connected via LAN.
    26.35 Mbps Download & 29.76 Mbps Upload connected via WiFi.

Acer Laptop:
    94.13 Mbps Download & 94.36 Mbps Upload connected via LAN.
    72.22 Mbps Download & 44.71 Mbps Upload connected via WiFi.

Home Network:
    MSI Laptop:
    77.09 Mbps Download & 0.88 Mbps Upload connected via LAN.
    45.13 Mbps Download & 3.70 Mbps Upload connected via WiFi.

Acer Laptop:
    85.58 Mbps Download & 5.28 Mbps Upload connected via LAN.
    63.82 Mbps Download & 7.81 Mbps Upload connected via WiFi.

So from the above speedtests, the Acer machine better reflects the true speeds of whichever network the machines are connected to.

And I obviously made sure that nothing else is using the internet which would distort the speed test results for any of the speed tests I ran.

What could I look for that is happening on the MSI laptop that seems to be working fine on the Acer laptop? I didn't make any extra tweaks to either of the Windows 10 installs on either machines.

:)

Over Dose, Sep 13, 2018

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network. 189114715.png

imperialreign, Sep 13, 2018
  3. cbm29212 Win User
    Network Speed Test app's service unaveilable

I recently downloaded the Network Speed Test app under Windows 10 and for a few days it worked fine. Now I get the error message every time saying the service is unavailable. I have checked it at various times throughout the day and have run other speed
    checks that do work. It is not my service provider and I am using an Ethernet connection. I know download and upload speeds vary depending upon the traffic volume of the network and the server location. For me it is the service and not my internet connection.

cbm29212, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

Network Speed Test

Hi,

1 - Most of time computer running background downloading or Internet usage processors due to that reason we got different results in Speed test.

2 - if you have share Connection that is reason for different speed tests.

Please let me know, if that helps and feel free to ask back any question.

Kind Regards:

Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

1. Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network. - Similar Threads - Varying Internet Speed

2. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 "tests", same PC, different results...: If I want windows 11, How can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-tests-same-pc-different-results/264d9564-5134-4c5e-af64-edee3447b4f9
  3. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 "tests", same PC, different results...: If I want windows 11, How can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-tests-same-pc-different-results/264d9564-5134-4c5e-af64-edee3447b4f9
  4. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. incorrect speed test results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    incorrect speed test results: i do not use wifi in my home,,my 3 laptops are hard wired through a router into a modemspectrum. on 2 of the pcs the speedtest results are correct based on my observation of how fast i can download/upload pages. the download speed is close to 100, which is what i'm paying...
  6. Internet Speeds Vary Wildly

Internet Speeds Vary Wildly: I've tested my internet speed on four main sources. Bearing in mind I'm on a 200Mb download speed internet package from Virgin, Here are my results for download speedOokla Windows App - 62MbOokla Website - 103Mb Google - 12MbFast - 110MbThese tests were all done within the...
  7. Network speed test

Network speed test: Network speed test - service to perform network speed test not available error -try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-speed-test/e20a44e6-96e4-4ee8-8a3d-258ecfbbeebd
  8. Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results: I have two machines running Windows 10 1903 connected via Ethenet to the same Ehtenet switch. Until recenlty, running a network speed test on both machines would yield essentially the same results as long as the same server was being used. It didn't matter what speed test...
  9. Varying results on speed tests

Varying results on speed tests: I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question. I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the best. However, can someone explain why I get a difference in results between using the online test and the windows app,...
  10. Varying results on speed tests

in Windows 10 Support
    Varying results on speed tests: I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question. I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the best. However, can someone explain why I get a difference in results between using the online test and the windows app,...