Windows 10: Varying results on speed tests

Discus and support Varying results on speed tests in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question. I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulpies84, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Varying results on speed tests

I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question.

I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the best. However, can someone explain why I get a difference in results between using the online test and the windows app, ebven when doing them seconds apart I can get results that are poles apart (upto 16 ish Mdps). the slower speeds always come from the App.

Any info appreciated

Paul

:)

paulpies84, Aug 3, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 3, 2019
  3. speed test

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to Network speed test app or speedtest.net website?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to access speed test?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 3, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Varying results on speed tests

1. Varying results on speed tests - Similar Threads - Varying results speed

2. Varying link speeds and frequent disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Varying link speeds and frequent disconnects: Hello. I have a desktop PC, and I frequently use it for gaming and watching shows. Lately, my internet has gone rubbish. I'm using WiFi. Firstly, a few weeks ago, I noticed that whenever I was playing a game, I would get random internet disconnects, which last maybe 5...
  3. incorrect speed test results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    incorrect speed test results: i do not use wifi in my home,,my 3 laptops are hard wired through a router into a modemspectrum. on 2 of the pcs the speedtest results are correct based on my observation of how fast i can download/upload pages. the download speed is close to 100, which is what i'm paying...
  4. Internet Speeds Vary Wildly

Internet Speeds Vary Wildly: I've tested my internet speed on four main sources. Bearing in mind I'm on a 200Mb download speed internet package from Virgin, Here are my results for download speedOokla Windows App - 62MbOokla Website - 103Mb Google - 12MbFast - 110MbThese tests were all done within the...
  5. HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results: Hello everybody, I hope this a good place for this post and my apologies if it is not. So here’s the situation: my wife and I just got a new printer and I was setting it up yesterday. Part of the setup is downloading the software to each of our computers. I downloaded it on...
  6. MemoryDiagnostic Test Result

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MemoryDiagnostic Test Result: Hi, I shutdown my laptop when I open it windows was automatcally scanning my hard drive. Then for my satisfaction I run MemoryDiagnostic test here are the results. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results Date: 5/4/2020...
  7. Varying results on speed tests

Varying results on speed tests: I apologise now if this is in the wrong place but it is a general question. I tend to use ookla speedtest to check my speeds, which are ok but not the best. However, can someone explain why I get a difference in results between using the online test and the windows app,...
  8. internet download speed varies widely

internet download speed varies widely: In past 6 months my internet download speed as measured by https://www.spectrum.com/internet/speed-test.html has been around 180 mbps. I have noticed in the past week the download speed is around 25. The upload speed has remained about the same, around 11 mbps. Various...
  9. Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.: I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work exclusively and the Acer is primarily for multimedia stuff. I use the laptops at home and at work. At home I have a Huawei B315 LTE...
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netwrk speed test varies fom 10 to 139 Mbps testing seconds apart