Windows 10: VB 2008

Discus and support VB 2008 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HO INSTALLATO IL SOFT DI VISUALBASIC 8 (2008) SU WINDOWS 10 X64,ho provato a eseguire una procedura con la cponnessione dati un file di access, quando... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fernandoricci, Oct 22, 2018.

1. VB 2008

HO INSTALLATO IL SOFT DI VISUALBASIC 8 (2008) SU WINDOWS 10 X64,ho provato a eseguire una procedura con la cponnessione dati un file di access, quando ho effettuato il debug mi appare l'avviso"si è verificato System.InvalidOperationException Messasggio="il provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" non è registrato nel computer locale, Per ovviare al problema ho utilizzatoi passaggi per i progetti Microsoft Visual Basic prorpieta del prpgetto aprire la scheda Compila clic su Opzioni di compilazione avanzate infine fare clic su x 86 nell'elenco CPU di destinazione...ma questo non ho trovato come posso ovviare all'errore? grazie cordialmente

fernando ricci

:)

fernandoricci, Oct 22, 2018

2. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Oct 22, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 22, 2018
  4. VB 2008

IDE for VBS?

vbs didn't end until powershell was introduced. But it's not completely replaced. As far as I know VS6 doesn't support VBS either, just VB. Will try vbsedit at work tomorrow. See how that works out, can't be worse than notepad*Smile VB 2008 :)

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

VB 2008

1. VB 2008 - Similar Threads - 2008

2. Can't install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.7523 and it's preventing me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.7523 and it's preventing me...: I was trying to open MSI Afterburner after not using it in like 4 months but when I tried to open it, it came with an error."The Application Has Failed to Start Because Its Side-By-Side Configuration Is Incorrect Error"After I saw that error I searched it up on Google and...
  3. Can't install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.7523 and it's preventing me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.7523 and it's preventing me...: I was trying to open MSI Afterburner after not using it in like 4 months but when I tried to open it, it came with an error."The Application Has Failed to Start Because Its Side-By-Side Configuration Is Incorrect Error"After I saw that error I searched it up on Google and...
  4. Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?: I have several releases of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed on my computer. I'm not talking about x86 vs x64, nor am I talking about different year versions 2005 vs 2008 vs 2010. I'm talking about different release numbers for the same year 2008. Right now...
  5. Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?

Delete SAME YEAR versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable?: I have several releases of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed on my computer. I'm not talking about x86 vs x64, nor am I talking about different year versions 2005 vs 2008 vs 2010. I'm talking about different release numbers for the same year 2008. Right now...
  6. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...
  7. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...
  8. I want to connect from windows 2008 server to the windows 11 computer which has a shared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to connect from windows 2008 server to the windows 11 computer which has a shared...: We have a setup that the pcs windows 10 has a label printer connected though USB. Our have label print server is on windows 2008 old server, which connects to the share printer on the PC. recently we purchased windows 11 pcs, but I cannot connect from windows 2008. Is there...
  9. I want to connect from windows 2008 server to the windows 11 computer which has a shared...

I want to connect from windows 2008 server to the windows 11 computer which has a shared...: We have a setup that the pcs windows 10 has a label printer connected though USB. Our have label print server is on windows 2008 old server, which connects to the share printer on the PC. recently we purchased windows 11 pcs, but I cannot connect from windows 2008. Is there...
  10. Does Windows SDK 11 support windows Server 2008 R2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows SDK 11 support windows Server 2008 R2?: I am building an application using Visual Studio 2022 with toolset version v143 and SDK 11 for windows server 2008 R2 operating system.The supported operating systems mentioned in release notes on windows sdk 11 include Windows 7 SP1. So my question is, does windows sdk 11...