Windows 10: VB

Discus and support VB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to inside o visual basic 2019 achieve the horizontal scroll with the mouse wheel. I did it with a modifier key and the mousewheel event but only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoãoCastanho, Nov 21, 2019.

1. VB

How to inside o visual basic 2019 achieve the horizontal scroll with the mouse wheel.

I did it with a modifier key and the mousewheel event but only work when i move the wheel down... HELP, please.

:)

JoãoCastanho, Nov 21, 2019

2. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Nov 21, 2019
  3. IDE for VBS?

vbs didn't end until powershell was introduced. But it's not completely replaced. As far as I know VS6 doesn't support VBS either, just VB. Will try vbsedit at work tomorrow. See how that works out, can't be worse than notepad*Smile VB :)

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 21, 2019
  4. GarySutt Win User

VB

VB 2017 installation

I have to have the instruction to use for the installation of VB 2017 to change the Save default from the C drive to the student M drive. We had this in previous years so I know it can be done. It has to be written in very simple terms so that IT can understand
    how to do it.

I do not see a clear option in the lists below to direct this question.

GarySutt, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

VB