Windows 10: VB5 Pro Application Setup Wizard Weirdness

Discus and support VB5 Pro Application Setup Wizard Weirdness in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Weird; could not get VB 5.0 “Application Setup Wizard” to work on my laptop (Dell 3000-3552 Windows 10 1903) but does on my old eMachine (same Win 10).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dustymars, Nov 12, 2019.

1. dustymars Win User

VB5 Pro Application Setup Wizard Weirdness

Weird; could not get VB 5.0 “Application Setup Wizard” to work on my laptop (Dell 3000-3552 Windows 10 1903) but does on my old eMachine (same Win 10). Copied the “Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0” with all the wizard stuff onto jump stick then downloaded that to my laptop and it works fine! Then after removing the SanDisk jump stick the wizard stopped working!!!! Hum, reinstalled stick and “Application Setup Wizard” stared working again. This is too much for an old computer guy, so the next time I use the program I’ll try to remember my jump stick. Any thoughts? *really

:)

dustymars, Nov 12, 2019

2. Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended Prematurely

While iam installing NITRO PRO in WINDOWS 10 the following message is showing. Please help if anyone knows.

Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended Prematurely

Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended Prematurely because of a error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run setup Wizard again. Click Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

KrishnatejaDevisetty, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Cortana setup wizard

After selecting region and keyboard layout during the setup wizard with cortana, it showed that something went wrong. I restarted the computer and tried different regions and languages but there is no way i can move on to the next step. What should id do
    ?

AlexDimopoulos1, Nov 12, 2019
  4. dustymars Win User

Old Stuff in New Stuff; VB5 must survive.

While using really old software; like Visual Basic Pro 5.0,may not fit in the millennial mindset or the Microsoft marketing strategy; as aretired old fashion engineer and sometime software guy, Windows 10 does offersome stability and neat features I like; but, I cannot afford to buy and learn something to replace VB5. During the upgrade from Win-7 to 10 it began working okay andwhile I rarely use the ‘help’ in the VB5 editor, now in Win-10 the Help willnot work. The same problem came up when I went from a Win-XP machine to a Win-7 PC, but it was fairly east to fix. Now no matter what I do the VB5 ‘help’ willnot work – it takes me to some dumb MS page with Win-10 fixes or suggestions. Yeah, maybe a temp job at Wal-Mart will earn me some extra cash for MS to spend, but I refuse to bend to the farleft methods to drive us old guys out of the programming world.

There must be a way to overcome the Microsoft migrating to Apple marketing strategy; that is to hook people into their software then bleed them completely dry of their green. There must be a fix so I can use the VB5 help files.

dustymars, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. VB5 Pro Application Setup Wizard Weirdness - Similar Threads - VB5 Pro Application

2. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  3. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  4. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Weird overlay on applications

Weird overlay on applications: Whenever I open some specific applications, weird lines appear over them. I am attaching a screenshot for reference. Whenever I move my mouse pointer over these lines, they disappear but they reappear after a few seconds. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  6. Microphone not working unless I'm in the setup wizard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working unless I'm in the setup wizard.: I'm using the Astro a20 headset and I found that despite being able to hear myself, my PC doesn't pick up my microphone audio itself. But, I have noticed that during the setup wizard is the only time my PC manages to pick up sound from my mic. This means my PC can definitely...
  7. weird application borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird application borders: in the potos app and settings the close, minimize etc. buttons are super weird.. how do i fix this?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-application-borders/84ec2d03-77bd-414a-ac15-e561c7850cdb
  8. Creating an installation and setup wizard

Creating an installation and setup wizard: So I have a .exe file that I want to share with a few other people. However, the .exe needs the user's registry to be changed in order to work properly. I got the .exe file myself by installing it via an installation and setup wizard. Apparently, Windows has a utility called...
  9. Setup wizard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup wizard: I am trying to download epic games installer on my windows 10 hp touchsmart 15 but it keeps saying that installation ended prematurely can somebody help me out please?...
  10. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718