Windows 10: VB6 Outlook GetObject

Discus and support VB6 Outlook GetObject in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI, Have two VB6 projects. In Project - References I have no reference to OutLook. The one project works 100% with GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenningWeltz, Dec 7, 2018.

1. VB6 Outlook GetObject

HI,

Have two VB6 projects. In Project - References I have no reference to OutLook.

The one project works 100% with GetObject(, "Outlook.Application") and if Outlook is not running I issue CreateObject("Outlook.Application). Both scenarios works.

In the other project I get an error 53 straight away lon GetObject if Outlook is NOT running. If Outlook is running it is fine.

I think it has to do with differences in Project - References - any ideas?

:)

HenningWeltz, Dec 7, 2018
  2. thanhtan Win User

VB6 or VB.Net?

This describes some of the many differences between VB6 and VB.NET. Much of the current VB6 code base will not run under VB.NET due to changes in VB.NET's syntax and language, its use of the new common runtime, and its switch to WinForms from the VB6 form model.

Visual Basic.NET includes an upgrade tool to assist in converting VB6 projects to .NET. The tool adds an upgrade report to your project listing any problems and inserts comments into your code and To Do items into the new Task List indicating where additional changes need to be made.

However, understanding the following changes can help simplify migrating your existing VB6 code. For further information on this topic, visit Microsoft's web site.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Electronics maze

thanhtan, Dec 7, 2018
  3. VB6 on Win10

Hello All,

I have an EXE which was written in VB6 edition. It uses a "Comm Port" and lists all the available COMM ports of the system in a drop down. This EXE works well on Win7 and Win8.

But, when we use this EXE (developed in VB6) on Win10 OS, then dropdown containing the list of COMM ports is empty (even if the computer has few COMM ports available).

We have another EXE developed in VB2010 edition. This EXE lists all the COMM ports in a dropdown on: Win7, Win8 and Win10.

But, an EXE developed in VB6 doesn't work on Win10.

My expectation:

1. Can we "somehow" make an EXE (written in VB6) to list all available COMM ports on Win10 OS?

2. If above is not possible, then what is an alternate solution for it?

~

Heramb Phadke, Dec 7, 2018
  4. WKandler Win User

VB6 Outlook GetObject

Runtime Error 429 - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object opening vb6 link to outlook 2007

Runtime Error 429 - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object received when trying to interface vb6 code with outlook under windows 10. This function was working on this machine but not now. office 2007 pro has since been completely uninstalled and re-installed.
    This same code works on windows 7 and XP machines with office pro 2007. I tried the outlook.exe /regserver trick as administrator but it's not recognized as a valid command.

Dim myoutApp As Object

On Error Resume Next

Set myoutApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")

If myoutApp Is Nothing Then

Set myoutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.application")

End If

If Err.Number <> 0 Then

MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " Hex(" & Hex(Err.Number) & ". " & Err.Description & " creating Outlook object", vbCritical

End If

On Error GoTo 0

Set OpenOutlook = myoutApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

WKandler, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

VB6 Outlook GetObject

1. VB6 Outlook GetObject - Similar Threads - VB6 Outlook GetObject

2. VB6 isntallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VB6 isntallation: Unfortunately, we still have applications in VB6. In order to upgrade them we need to re-write the entire app.We have a license for VB6 but we need the installation.From where we can download it?...
  3. VB6 isntallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VB6 isntallation: Unfortunately, we still have applications in VB6. In order to upgrade them we need to re-write the entire app.We have a license for VB6 but we need the installation.From where we can download it?...
  4. Will VB6 run in Lunix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will VB6 run in Lunix: VB 6 wont install on W11, Will VB6 run in Lunix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-vb6-run-in-lunix/82975e36-5daf-4539-9234-88ed8b4215bd
  5. Will VB6 run in Lunix

Will VB6 run in Lunix: VB 6 wont install on W11, Will VB6 run in Lunix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-vb6-run-in-lunix/82975e36-5daf-4539-9234-88ed8b4215bd
  6. VB6 manifest for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VB6 manifest for Windows 11: I'm testing my legacy VB6 app in Windows 11 and so far almost everything is perfect. However, I do have a display issue with some of the Common Controls listboxes, checkboxes, etc that's causing some visual problems. I'm suspecting that the manifest that I created to use .NET...
  7. VB6 manifest for Windows 11

VB6 manifest for Windows 11: I'm testing my legacy VB6 app in Windows 11 and so far almost everything is perfect. However, I do have a display issue with some of the Common Controls listboxes, checkboxes, etc that's causing some visual problems. I'm suspecting that the manifest that I created to use .NET...
  8. VB6 on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    VB6 on Win10: Hello All, I have an EXE which was written in VB6 edition. It uses a "Comm Port" and lists all the available COMM ports of the system in a drop down. This EXE works well on Win7 and Win8. But, when we use this EXE (developed in VB6) on Win10 OS, then dropdown containing...
  9. VB6 Help file location

VB6 Help file location: I've installed an old version of VB6 on my Windows 10 64 bit system. The program works fine,but when I click on Help all I get is the message 'Unable to display Help'. Can someone tell me where the help files would have been installed, and the file names? 91008
  10. Old VB6 App

Old VB6 App: Hi, I'm hoping I can get some suggestions for these small problems I and a few others are having with an old VB6 application which is not working properly under Win10. The vast majority of this program is working fine, just 2 (so far!) small functions are not working. 1....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vb windows 10 CreateObject(outlook.Application)

2. vb.net outlook getobject

3. Set Outlook = GetObject( Outlook.Application) window 10

4. getobject outlook.application windows 10