Windows 10: VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell

Discus and support VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sn0oz3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12znloy/vboxmanage_control_virtualbox_via_cmd_or/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sn0oz3, Apr 26, 2023.

1. /u/sn0oz3 Win User

VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell

/u/sn0oz3, Apr 26, 2023

2. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Apr 26, 2023
  3. Derek12 Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Apr 26, 2023
  4. Teemka79 Win User

virtualbox

Hello,

The system finds VirtualBox and suggests to uninstall it manually, to run the update, but I am unable to find any app/program containing it. It's not shown in the Uninstall or Change the Program list. I do not have any Oracle installed on my PC either.

Kind regards,

TK

Teemka79, Apr 26, 2023
Thema:

1. VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell - Similar Threads - VBoxManage Control VirtualBox

2. View active usb hardware via powershell and Cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View active usb hardware via powershell and Cmd: I can't see the attached usb dongle via cmd and powershell. I need to get serial number with commandI couldn't get it with the following commandimport subprocess printsubprocess.getoutput"C:\Windows\\SysWOW64\\wbem\\wmic.exe diskdrive get...
  3. View active usb hardware via powershell and Cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View active usb hardware via powershell and Cmd: I can't see the attached usb dongle via cmd and powershell. I need to get serial number with commandI couldn't get it with the following commandimport subprocess printsubprocess.getoutput"C:\Windows\\SysWOW64\\wbem\\wmic.exe diskdrive get...
  4. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  5. Can you remove VPN credentials via CMD or PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you remove VPN credentials via CMD or PowerShell: We have clients that use the Built in Windows VPN client. They save their credentials then their password changes and they cannot figure out how to remove the credentials so that they can use the new password. Is there a way to clear the saved credentials for Windows VPN...
  6. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?
  7. Emulate monitor cable disconnect via powershell/cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Emulate monitor cable disconnect via powershell/cmd: Hello, is there a way to make my windows think my monitor was unplugged/plugged again software side? A little bit of background to explain why i'd want to do such a ridiculous thing: My problem is my monitor loses signal upon windows boot. All works fine until just...
  8. Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell: Hi ! I have a little problem. In my workplace we use Win 10 IOT LTSB. I have a task that i must clear the safeboot funkction of the Windows system. I googled for solving the problem, and i get answer that i must change registry key names...
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install apps via Powershell cmd line OR via Chocholatey GUI App (easy): Despite the abundance of endless text here, it's just my way of being very clear and yes sometimes redundant. The actual 'labor' lol required to install this takes a whopping 1 minute if that. I just provided a tad more info than might be required here instead of just...