Windows 10: VBS Script crashing in Windows 10: More RAM?

Discus and support VBS Script crashing in Windows 10: More RAM? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a VBS script that I've used for years that is suddenly crashing. I get this in the event log under "application error" and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveC-premierinc, Jun 20, 2019.

1. VBS Script crashing in Windows 10: More RAM?

Hi there,

I have a VBS script that I've used for years that is suddenly crashing. I get this in the event log under "application error" and no other pop-ups or messages:

Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5cfd3427
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0xcfe5bd82
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000d8879
    Faulting process id: 0x1e24
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d527790818d253
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: b9a76c65-6ace-495e-a9fb-ede6516142b5
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any ideas what this means?

:)

DaveC-premierinc, Jun 20, 2019

2. Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

You can invoke VB scripts through the Task Scheduler, same as batch files or .exe files. What problem do you actually have? What is the script you run? Is it supposed to be interactive?

There is little difference between cscript.exe and wscript.exe. When you run cscript.exe you will open a black Command Processor window (cmd.exe). With wscript.exe you won't. Furthermore, the instruction wscript.echo will do different things:

• Under cscript.exe: Write a line of text in the Command Processor window.
    • Under wscript.exe: Generate message box.
    This difference is important for scripts being invoked by the Task Scheduler.

Frederik Long, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Community Members,

Using VB Script which I started learning, I wrote a simple vbs file. I want Windows 10 Task Scheduler to run the VB Script file.

First, the VB Script program works manually. It runs perfectly and does what the program says.

I have tried on several occasions to have Window 10 Task Scheduler to fire off the program on a given date and time. I have surfed the web and read numerous questions about people who have had the same problem. All the settings that need to be set, highest
    priority, run when computer is on or off,

the user and etc. I do not understand if I am the single user of the computer, in essence the admin, then why would this be an issue.

I have read about using a batch file, tried that and failed. There was some advice about using "wscript or cscript" which I do not understand why.

I am looking for some help to get my vbs file to run on a scheduled date and time. After reading all about the problem on the web, I am really confused.

I am look for a simple solution. It cannot be that hard to make a vbs file run on a given date and time.

Any help to a confused programmer would be greatly appreciated.

John JVrana, Jun 20, 2019
  4. 1362NH Win User

VBS Script crashing in Windows 10: More RAM?

Cannot find script file 1.vbs

I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying

Cannot find script file "C:\ProgramData\Windows\profile\1.vbs"

I have run a malware scan multiple times but i still keep on getting this error.

1362NH, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

VBS Script crashing in Windows 10: More RAM?

1. VBS Script crashing in Windows 10: More RAM? - Similar Threads - VBS Script crashing

2. VBS script malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS script malware: I have accidentally downloaded malware onto my computer. It is trying to run RuneGoTOMjbvdo.vbs which i deleted. I get a warning that Windows Script host cannot find the file. I have run Malwarebytes, and frst64. I have also added and enable key to the registry to disable...
  3. VBS script malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VBS script malware: I have accidentally downloaded malware onto my computer. It is trying to run RuneGoTOMjbvdo.vbs which i deleted. I get a warning that Windows Script host cannot find the file. I have run Malwarebytes, and frst64. I have also added and enable key to the registry to disable...
  4. VBS script opening error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS script opening error: Hi guys.A .vbs script in the startup/programs folder that should open on every startup displays the following error and the script fails to run every time.The error message is -' Creates a SR point during the first startup of the day ' Option Explicit Dim SRP, CSRP, objWMI,...
  5. VBS script opening error

VBS script opening error: Hi guys.A .vbs script in the startup/programs folder that should open on every startup displays the following error and the script fails to run every time.The error message is -' Creates a SR point during the first startup of the day ' Option Explicit Dim SRP, CSRP, objWMI,...
  6. VBS script opening error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. vbs script problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vbs script problem: Script: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbs Line: 31 Char: 1 Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 80070002 Source: null This is popping up on my windows startup. And also my windows defender is not working. Please help....
  8. vbs script problem

vbs script problem: Script: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbs Line: 31 Char: 1 Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 80070002 Source: null This is popping up on my windows startup. And also my windows defender is not working. Please help....
  9. VBS Visual Basic Scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VBS Visual Basic Scripts: Im sure most of you know about VBS which stands for Visual Basic Scripts . I just want to talk about what they are and what windows defender see's in them. Now you can make vbs scripts in notepad which is really helpful since its already on your computer! People use it to...
  10. VBS Script Renaming a pc script fails

in Windows 10 Support
    VBS Script Renaming a pc script fails: can anyone tell me why this script fails with rc=5.. I am not very well versedin resolving scripts.... MUCH APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE! Const JOIN_DOMAIN = 1 Const ACCT_CREATE = 2 Const ACCT_DELETE = 4 Const WIN9X_UPGRADE = 16 Const DOMAIN_JOIN_IF_JOINED = 32 Const...