Windows 10: vbx library init failure / acespade poker software

Discus and support vbx library init failure / acespade poker software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was using a 2002 XP Pro laptop, and had dropped some of the acespade poker practice software in it....worked fine. No "installation" required, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dinosaur, Nov 10, 2017.

1. dinosaur Win User

vbx library init failure / acespade poker software

Was using a 2002 XP Pro laptop, and had dropped some of the acespade poker practice software in it....worked fine. No "installation" required, just grabbed it from an even more ancient Windows 98 machine, created a directory and all was well

Tried to do the same with Windows 10....but when I try to run one of the exe files, get the error "vbx library init failure"

Tried my righteously-purchased installation disks, get a message to the effect that the disk/software is not compatible with the 64 bit environment.

Have tried "run as admin", "compatibility mode", etc --- no success

Software company no longer in business, tracked down the #1, but looks like he is out of the biz, so I decided not to pester him.

Have looked up and read about DosBox and VirtualBox .................would stuff like this help ? Not crazy about loading XP/VirtualBox

Anybody know how to get around this error ? Since congress mucked up online poker some years back, this software was the closest I could get to a decent poker game in the comfort of my own home.

:)

dinosaur, Nov 10, 2017
  2. nistar Win User

Online poker i900

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if you can play online poker for 'real' money on the Omnia i900?? If so which software?

nistar, Nov 10, 2017
  3. ctfc22 Win User
    Are there any Poker sites available for Window8 mobile?

I have just got a Nokia Lumia 820 and can not find any poker site apps or download any poker sites.Any solutions?

ctfc22, Nov 10, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

First, it's not an error, it's just like trying to install an iOS app in Android: it can't be done. You simply can't run old legacy 16 bit apps natively on a 64 bit Windows.

A 32 bit Windows can run most of 16 bit applications. Your best option is to install a 32 bit Windows on a virtual machine.

Thema:

1. vbx library init failure / acespade poker software - Similar Threads - vbx library init

2. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  3. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  4. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stop software using libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop software using libraries: I hate libraries. They are only useful for simplistic desktops. I know how to redirect, display or not display in Explorer and so on, but the big issue, is that third party software keeps wanting to save in a library.Settings has an option to set the default save location but...
  6. Fail To Init Plugins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fail To Init Plugins: Been getting a strange error message on boot up recently - see attached image. You'd think it was connected to the calculator app but no, or at least I don't think so. I have uninstalled calculator and the message still pops up on boot up. Any suggestions please?...
  7. Winlogon Init

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winlogon Init: Hi, My PC is under Windows 10 2004 and my boot takes too much time. It's like that since more than a year and I can't recon when it happened and what installation or else could be linked to this change. I did a BT and to me it seems the issue comes from the "Winlogon Init"...
  8. unable to play world poker game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to play world poker game: I click on game icon and up comes all aol masque games. I click on the world poker to play game nothing happens an ongoing ads plays on and on and on . if I click again it starts the ad up from beginning I have not been able to get on all day what is going on!!!!...
  9. Software library manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software library manager: Looking for software managing my installers for software i own for Windows 10. Some sort of library where i define path to the installer , create info to that like serial number etc.... Thank you for suggestions. 155840
  10. Vulkan Runtime Libraries software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vulkan Runtime Libraries software: Is it okay to remove older versions of the Vulkan Runtime Libraries? I have versions 1.0.33.0 and 1.0.65.1 installed on my computer - is it alright to remove the older version from 11/2017?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vbxlibrary init failure