Windows 10: vbx library init failure / acespade poker software

Discus and support vbx library init failure / acespade poker software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was using a 2002 XP Pro laptop, and had dropped some of the acespade poker practice software in it....worked fine. No "installation" required, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dinosaur, Nov 10, 2017.

1. dinosaur Win User

vbx library init failure / acespade poker software

Was using a 2002 XP Pro laptop, and had dropped some of the acespade poker practice software in it....worked fine. No "installation" required, just grabbed it from an even more ancient Windows 98 machine, created a directory and all was well

Tried to do the same with Windows 10....but when I try to run one of the exe files, get the error "vbx library init failure"

Tried my righteously-purchased installation disks, get a message to the effect that the disk/software is not compatible with the 64 bit environment.

Have tried "run as admin", "compatibility mode", etc --- no success

Software company no longer in business, tracked down the #1, but looks like he is out of the biz, so I decided not to pester him.

Have looked up and read about DosBox and VirtualBox .................would stuff like this help ? Not crazy about loading XP/VirtualBox

Anybody know how to get around this error ? Since congress mucked up online poker some years back, this software was the closest I could get to a decent poker game in the comfort of my own home.

:)

dinosaur, Nov 10, 2017
  2. nistar Win User

Online poker i900

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if you can play online poker for 'real' money on the Omnia i900?? If so which software?

nistar, Nov 10, 2017
  3. ctfc22 Win User
    Are there any Poker sites available for Window8 mobile?

I have just got a Nokia Lumia 820 and can not find any poker site apps or download any poker sites.Any solutions?

ctfc22, Nov 10, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

First, it's not an error, it's just like trying to install an iOS app in Android: it can't be done. You simply can't run old legacy 16 bit apps natively on a 64 bit Windows.

A 32 bit Windows can run most of 16 bit applications. Your best option is to install a 32 bit Windows on a virtual machine.

Thema:

1. vbx library init failure / acespade poker software - Similar Threads - vbx library init

2. Software library manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software library manager: Looking for software managing my installers for software i own for Windows 10. Some sort of library where i define path to the installer , create info to that like serial number etc.... Thank you for suggestions. 155840
  3. Intune - Disable inital setup for new user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intune - Disable inital setup for new user: Hello all. one of our clients has asked us to develop intune for their organisation and I am trying to disable the inital setup a user does when they first login to a device. for example I want to set all the Advertising ID etc the same but also I want to disable the...
  4. lose money at in line poker because of ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    lose money at in line poker because of ads: the ads on microsoft solitaire collection cut my in line poker and i lose money, it's your last time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-money-at-in-line-poker-because-of-ads/66815413-0a74-472a-b23a-449d08115a8f
  5. Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot Windows 10. Session Init and Winlogon Init times are high.: Hi, I am experiencing slow boot on windows 10. The boot time was close to 200 seconds initially when i started diagnosing it. Now, after reading few posts here, i have manged to reduce it to 82 seconds. Thanks Zinou! I followed this post and executed the xbootmgr -trace...
  6. Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Init Fail- Steam Games: I find that it's impossible to play steam games that rely on files from directx 9.0 Is there away to get those files into directx 12.0, or a way to play my games? My computer is using windows 10, store bought and came with the software. If you can help I would appreciate...
  7. Vulkan Runtime Libraries software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vulkan Runtime Libraries software: Is it okay to remove older versions of the Vulkan Runtime Libraries? I have versions 1.0.33.0 and 1.0.65.1 installed on my computer - is it alright to remove the older version from 11/2017?...
  8. Failure to upgrading avast security software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failure to upgrading avast security software: I run avast-antivirus software for upgrading but it bring an error statement: AvastUI.exe-Entry point not found. The procedure entry point ?IsAdmin@CAvastUtil@ @QAEHH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library aswutil.dll...
  9. No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos

in Browsers and Email
    No Sound On Inital View Of Online Videos: Alright, I'm not sure if this is a Firefox or a Windows issue, but when I attempt to watch online videos, whether it be Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, the video plays but there's no sound. I have to restart the video in order to hear the sound. It hasn't always been that way...
  10. Will moving libraries to another drive cause software issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will moving libraries to another drive cause software issues?: Windows contains an option to move the locations of libraries (Documents, Music, Videos, Downloads, etc) to another drive or partition. However, some of the folders already have files put there automatically by programs I have installed. For example, here is a picture of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vbxlibrary init failure