Windows 10: Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues

Discus and support Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to play a game and a vc++ error kept popping up so i tried installing it myself but i keep getting the error in the picture. Also these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Despi1, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Despi1 Win User

Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues

I was trying to play a game and a vc++ error kept popping up so i tried installing it myself but i keep getting the error in the picture.
    Also these are the logs i got from the installation :

OS Version = 6.2.9200, Platform 2
    OS Description = Future OS - x64
    CommandLine = d:\d921845edc356fc09f45\Setup.exe
    Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
    Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup
    Package Version = 10.0.30319
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: UserControlled
    Number of applicable items: 3
    [COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]d:\d921845edc356fc09f45\vc_red.cab - Signature verification for file vc_red.cab d:\d921845edc356fc09f45\vc_red.cab failed with error 0x800b010a A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority.
    No FileHash provided. Cannot perform FileHash verification for vc_red.cab[/COLOR]

File vc_red.cab d:\d921845edc356fc09f45\vc_red.cab, failed authentication. Error = -2146762486. It is recommended that you delete this file and retry setup again.

Final Result: Installation failed with error code: 0x800B010B, "Generic trust failure. " Elapsed time: 0 00:00:06.

Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues f08200eb-8856-403b-a640-0d430977f20b?upload=true.png

:)

Despi1, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86) install fails

The software is buggy. If later versions of MS Visual C++ runtimes are installed it fails to detect them and tries to install earlier versions which breaks those MS Visual C++ runtime installations.

Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues [​IMG]

Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues [​IMG]

Allowing the install to continue doesn't allow those runtimes to install (because you can't install an earlier version over a later version) and it breaks the already installed versions. (They now show as 0 bytes)

It does actually install this:

I cannot test to see if the program will run (I suspect that it won't work anyway) as I don't have MS Office.

Suggest:

Remove those two VC++ Runtime versions if they already exist and reboot. Then try running the Dymo installer and see if it will install the earlier versions of VC++

Callender, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86) install fails

It's personal choice. I prefer to remove the leftovers that windows uninstaller leaves behind. (Although it shouldn't leave any for VC++)

Only remove the 2013 versions listed by Dymo (if later versions are installed)

Then rebooot. Important because there could be file operations pending that will only complete on reboot.

Then try installing that Dymo program.

It's possible to remove all VC++ versions and reinstall which is what I did again today.

Callender, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues

I can't install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Hello Vitoca,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to refer the steps below:

• Remove any existing Internet security programs (antivirus/antispyware software).
    • Uninstall other antivirus/antispyware software on the machine prior to installing
      Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
    • Antivirus/antispyware software may not uninstall completely and it would require running the appropriate cleanup tool to do a clean uninstall. These tools are typically found within the product sites. After completing a clean uninstall using the
      clean up tools, reboot the PC machine, and then install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).
    • Make sure that the Windows Installer service is running

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues

1. Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues - Similar Threads - Vc++2010 Redistributable Package

2. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86: So I've been trying to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and x64 as its a required to download a game on EA, I cannot finish downloading it because I don't have it. I've tried downloading all versions including the most up to date one, but for...
  3. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86: So I've been trying to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and x64 as its a required to download a game on EA, I cannot finish downloading it because I don't have it. I've tried downloading all versions including the most up to date one, but for...
  4. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...: I'm unable to install or uninstall the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable as it says it is "Waiting for another install to complete". I do not have any other installations happening, and I get the error still even after restarting my PC and installing all available windows...
  6. Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...

Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...: I'm unable to install or uninstall the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable as it says it is "Waiting for another install to complete". I do not have any other installations happening, and I get the error still even after restarting my PC and installing all available windows...
  7. Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...: I'm unable to install or uninstall any Microsoft VC++ Redistributable due to it "Waiting for another install to complete". There is no other installation going on, and this continues to happen even after I updated Windows 11 and restarted my PC multiple times. It won't even...
  8. Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...

Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...: I'm unable to install or uninstall any Microsoft VC++ Redistributable due to it "Waiting for another install to complete". There is no other installation going on, and this continues to happen even after I updated Windows 11 and restarted my PC multiple times. It won't even...
  9. Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86) install fails

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86) install fails: I am trying to install some Dymo label maker software. As part of the install it installs both Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86) and " Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64). For some reason each time it tries to install Microsoft...
  10. VC 2013 Redistributable Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VC 2013 Redistributable Fails to Install: Every time I try to install it I just get an error message with this error code: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. Here is the log file it produces: [1720:1878][2020-06-29T21:32:04]i001: Burn v3.7.2829.0, Windows v6.3 Build 9600: Service Pack 0, path:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft visual c 2013 error 0x800b010a