Windows 10: VC++ 2012

Discus and support VC++ 2012 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a game I'm trying to install. As part of the install it wants to install Visual C++ redistributable 2012 (x64) 11.0.61030. Whenever the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Psybermage, Feb 18, 2019.

1. VC++ 2012

I have a game I'm trying to install. As part of the install it wants to install Visual C++ redistributable 2012 (x64) 11.0.61030. Whenever the vcredist_x64.exe is ran my computer instantly wants to reboot (even with /norestart being used). The package is listed as installed under Apps & features, but if you try to repair it, it will instantly reboot the system. If you just run vcredist_x64.exe it will instantly reboot the system. I can uninstall it and it will instantly reboot the system and not be listed as installed anymore. But then the game will try to install it again, which will force a reboot, the game install never sees that the VC finished installing so it keeps trying, which keeps causing a reboot. How can I identify what's broken in windows 10 that causes the VC 2012 package to behave this way? It also runs installs for VC 2010 packages with no problem.

:)

Psybermage, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030 Installer Error

Since the troubleshooting steps provided did not resolve your concern, we then suggest that you download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. You can download it here:

Windows Update Troubleshooter

We also suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Lana Xu
    on her post that we found on:
    Cannot Uninstall VC++ 2012 Redistributable Error 0x8007015e

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Cybot Win User
    need specific VC redist packages for repair of installed vc redist packages

I have discovered that i have a damaged VC redist package, on my system, which may or may not be causing some of the issues i have been having recently. the Packages are listed in the apps & features as:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005

i have tried searching with google and have even downloaded a couple of vc redist packages from the ms download site, but i cant seem to find the right version to perform the needed repairs. the version I found online I already had installed, and did not
    need repairs. The ones listed above as needing repairs have both the modify and uninstall buttons greyed out, so simply uninstalling them is not possible. I have absolutely no idea which program installed or needs those particular version of the vc redists.
    If someone - anyone, can provide me with links for downloading those versions listed above of the redist packages, i would be ever so grateful.

Cybot, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

VC++ 2012

Tuneup 2012

Hi Donald,

Follow these steps to remove Tuneup 2012:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and features.
    • Find Tuneup 2012 from the list.
    • Right click on the Tuneup 2012 and select Uninstall.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

VC++ 2012

1. VC++ 2012 - Similar Threads - VC++ 2012

2. Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...: I'm unable to install or uninstall the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable as it says it is "Waiting for another install to complete". I do not have any other installations happening, and I get the error still even after restarting my PC and installing all available windows...
  3. Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...: I'm unable to install or uninstall the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable as it says it is "Waiting for another install to complete". I do not have any other installations happening, and I get the error still even after restarting my PC and installing all available windows...
  4. Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...: I'm unable to install or uninstall any Microsoft VC++ Redistributable due to it "Waiting for another install to complete". There is no other installation going on, and this continues to happen even after I updated Windows 11 and restarted my PC multiple times. It won't even...
  5. Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...

Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...: I'm unable to install or uninstall any Microsoft VC++ Redistributable due to it "Waiting for another install to complete". There is no other installation going on, and this continues to happen even after I updated Windows 11 and restarted my PC multiple times. It won't even...
  6. roblox vc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox vc: ** i have a mic and i know vc is enabled because i can mute/unmutewhen i unmute and i talk, my friends cant hear me and i dont see the green light indicating that im talking. the mic is built into my headset and is wireless. it also works on everything else fortnite, windows...
  7. roblox vc

roblox vc: ** i have a mic and i know vc is enabled because i can mute/unmutewhen i unmute and i talk, my friends cant hear me and i dont see the green light indicating that im talking. the mic is built into my headset and is wireless. it also works on everything else fortnite, windows...
  8. gta vc 10th annivesary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta vc 10th annivesary: is gta vc 10th Anniversary released for pc like gta sa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-vc-10th-annivesary/3f6e3d68-1ce9-4d55-a422-9c55b35692d4
  9. Unable to Install VC 2012 Redistributable, Error Code 0x80070002 The System Cannot Find the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Install VC 2012 Redistributable, Error Code 0x80070002 The System Cannot Find the...: I need to install it to get several games on my PC to run however it simply refuses to install everytime. I'm using the official installer from the MS website and all. I tried uninstalling all other VC redistributables, I tried doing it in safe mode, and still nothing. Here's...
  10. UNINSTALL FAILS : VC++2012 Redistributablex64-11.0.61030

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNINSTALL FAILS : VC++2012 Redistributablex64-11.0.61030: Repair or Uninstall always failed and suggest me to restart 0x8007015e. I tried many ways to fix it but it didn't success. Really need help and thanks. [ATTACH] Here is my log file from the failed repair: [1AF0:0DC0][2020-02-20T22:46:08]: Burn v3.6.3542.0, Windows v6.3...