Windows 10: VC redist problem

Discus and support VC redist problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; x64 W10. Got the 0xc000007b error in a game (Persona 4 Golden) so I've tried reinstalling all redists from 2005 to 2015 (As well as .NET) a few times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nick__Frost, Jul 12, 2020.

1. VC redist problem

x64 W10.

Got the 0xc000007b error in a game (Persona 4 Golden) so I've tried reinstalling all redists from 2005 to 2015 (As well as .NET) a few times but that didn't help.

I can't even find the files anywhere . The only Visual Studio folders I've found are located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio" "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio" and in roaming and there's no redist folders in there.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/Nick__Frost
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nick__Frost, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Adityar Win User

Vc Redist Error

Hello i need help
    i can`t run games with vc redist 15 required
    like a rise of tomb raider
    i have installed vc redist 2017
    it is installed automaticly when i install adobe cc 2018
    how to fix this problem ?
    i can`t both installed 2015 and 2017

Adityar, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Cybot Win User
    need specific VC redist packages for repair of installed vc redist packages

Just a little addendum to my last post.

I decided to just go ahead and axe the whole lot of vc redist's that were installed on my machine. everything but the vc redist 2017 x86. when i uninstalled the 2013 x64 redist the entry for the older version disappeared and did not reappear when i reinstalled
    the vc redist, so i guess that issue is solved. Now for the reason for this second post.

All the reinstalls of the vc redists went well until i got to the vc 2015 x86 redist. setup for the redist kept erroring out saying another version was installed. no amount of tinkering i could do would get it to say otherwise. then i stumbled across the
    reason. having vc 2017 redist installed will keep the 2015 redist from being serviced (installed, updated, etc). this is because they are both registered as version 14. the x64 version of 2015 went well, but because i had the 2017 x86 version already installed
    the install of the x86 2015 redist setup program aborted the install.

the quickest way for the end user around this is to uninstall the 2017 redist before servicing the 2015 redist. this is far from an optimal solution, but there you have it. At least until Microsoft fixes the issue.

the best way for M$ to fix the issue is to release a patch or whatever that changes the 2017 redist version to version 15.

Update..... finished installing the 2017 VC redist's looks like the 2017 files actually are meant to replace the 2015 versions. this is something that was not occurring before. my system was saying that both the 2015 and 2017 versions were installed before.

so i guess i don't need to install the 2015 redists anymore, and just skip ahead to the 2017 redist from now on?

Cybot, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Cybot Win User

VC redist problem

need specific VC redist packages for repair of installed vc redist packages

I have discovered that i have a damaged VC redist package, on my system, which may or may not be causing some of the issues i have been having recently. the Packages are listed in the apps & features as:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005

i have tried searching with google and have even downloaded a couple of vc redist packages from the ms download site, but i cant seem to find the right version to perform the needed repairs. the version I found online I already had installed, and did not
    need repairs. The ones listed above as needing repairs have both the modify and uninstall buttons greyed out, so simply uninstalling them is not possible. I have absolutely no idea which program installed or needs those particular version of the vc redists.
    If someone - anyone, can provide me with links for downloading those versions listed above of the redist packages, i would be ever so grateful.

Cybot, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

VC redist problem

1. VC redist problem - Similar Threads - redist problem

2. Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?: Hello,Is the DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime available via Offline installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and Web installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 free for commercial use?By commercial use, I mean...
  3. Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?: Hello,Is the DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime available via Offline installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and Web installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 free for commercial use?By commercial use, I mean...
  4. Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install msoledbsql - get error saying it needs C++ Redist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install msoledbsql - get error saying it needs C++ Redist: I'm trying to install MSOLEDBSQL for use by an InstallShield installer this has nothing to do with InstallShield, but when I download the installer .msi I get an error saying it needs VC++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2022, version 14.34 at minimum. So I downloaded and...
  6. Can't install msoledbsql - get error saying it needs C++ Redist

Can't install msoledbsql - get error saying it needs C++ Redist: I'm trying to install MSOLEDBSQL for use by an InstallShield installer this has nothing to do with InstallShield, but when I download the installer .msi I get an error saying it needs VC++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2022, version 14.34 at minimum. So I downloaded and...
  7. Cannot Update or Uninstall Visual C++ 2015-2022 redist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Update or Uninstall Visual C++ 2015-2022 redist: I want to update to the latest version of Visual C++ 2015-2022, but I get a generic error message when attempting to update. Redist package was downloaded from official MS website.I also tried to uninstall the current installed version, so I can install it from scratch, but...
  8. Cannot Update or Uninstall Visual C++ 2015-2022 redist

Cannot Update or Uninstall Visual C++ 2015-2022 redist: I want to update to the latest version of Visual C++ 2015-2022, but I get a generic error message when attempting to update. Redist package was downloaded from official MS website.I also tried to uninstall the current installed version, so I can install it from scratch, but...
  9. MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist x86 install problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist x86 install problem: I am adding an external Asus BluRay burner to my HP desktop computer. Software provided with the burner tried to install the Visual C++ Redist x86 on my computer but failed saying it was already installed. I searched for it to uninstall it and let the Asus instal routine...
  10. VC Redist. installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VC Redist. installation problems: I need to install an Autodesk application, but the install fails every time it reaches the installation of VC 2008. The same happens with Windows 10 update. I have downloaded the VC 2008 separately, this is the error message I got when that installation failed: Error...