Windows 10: vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error

Discus and support vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This is my first post on here so please don't mind if the format isn't right or if I posted it in the wrong area, I genuinely don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karixma_, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Karixma_ Win User

vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error

vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error 19e7ce54-8c8b-4bde-9e7f-cf78a5dcca2b?upload=true.jpg This is my first post on here so please don't mind if the format isn't right or if I posted it in the wrong area, I genuinely don't know what to do because this has left me scratching my head for a while now. I got this error whilst trying to install a game, I thought it would be an easy fix so I just googled 'error finding vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi' The post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...ae7ba45c/error-finding-vcruntimeminimumx64msi

told the person requesting help to install visual c++ Redistributable vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error a8b104f9-fb43-4e53-b634-825d068b0369?upload=true.jpg

So I followed their advice but got this error:

vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error d829cb7a-f5db-4144-86f5-07c2963c8643?upload=true.jpg

the only version of this installed is Microsoft visual c++ 2017 so I tried to uninstall that and it said successful but it remained there. However, there is a 2015-2019 version that keeps appearing and disappearing which I can uninstall and it disappears but then I try to download the 2015 redistributable x64 thing again and it's saying it's still installed, I'm assuming it's talking about the 2017 version which I can't uninstall. I'm sorry if it's vague, it has me really confused and its the best way i could explain it but if I could get a fix I'd really appreciate it.

PS Repairing the 2017 version doesn't work because it claims another installation is already in progress???

:)

Karixma_, Oct 28, 2019

2. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Hinek Win User
    Uninstalling JRE but .msi is missing

Ok, now I got it:

1. Downloaded and started jre-8u101-windows-i586.exe
    2. The Install failed in the second step with an error code, but as long as the installer is still open I could find a jre1.8.0_101.msi where the uninstall process searches for jre1.8.0_101full.msi (notice the difference in name)
    3. Copied the file to a different directory and renamed it jre1.8.0_101full.msi
    4. Closed the installer (directory and jre1.8.0_101.msi get deleted)
    5. Started the uninstall process and changed the path to my new directory.

Thanks @Biswapriyo for your help!

Hinek, Oct 28, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error - Similar Threads - vc_runtimeMinimum_x64 msi error

2. "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" problem.: I have tried alot of the post regarding this tried uninstalling every visual c++ then installing both the x86 and x64. I installed the x86, but the error keeps on appearing on x64 installer. It is also the latest installer. Have run out of options hopefully someone can help....
  3. "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" problem.: I have tried alot of the post regarding this tried uninstalling every visual c++ then installing both the x86 and x64. I installed the x86, but the error keeps on appearing on x64 installer. It is also the latest installer. Have run out of options hopefully someone can help....
  4. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found: Everytime i try to open Beam.NG Or Ready Or Not it says 'preparing first time installation and then bring this error message up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntimeminimumx64msi-not-found/0deec44e-d297-4535-b9f0-0b2ce7f0d47b
  5. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found: Everytime i try to open Beam.NG Or Ready Or Not it says 'preparing first time installation and then bring this error message up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntimeminimumx64msi-not-found/0deec44e-d297-4535-b9f0-0b2ce7f0d47b
  6. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi' not located when i try to install VMWare

'vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi' not located when i try to install VMWare: trying to install vmware, keep getting this error, "The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the instillation package 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi' in the box...
  8. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found

vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found: I've been getting error messages recently that said there was a problem with vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.[ATTACH] Any tips to fix this problem would be very appreciated!...
  9. Missing "vc_runtimeAdditional_x64.msi" and "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing "vc_runtimeAdditional_x64.msi" and "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi": Missing "vc_runtimeAdditional_x64.msi" and "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-vcruntimeadditionalx64msi-and/7c4f8668-200a-4a42-9336-3d69d17f9b49
  10. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi

vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi: I'm trying to remove an old version of visual c++ so I can reinstall and fix the vc_runtime problem. I have a problem though it won't let me delete the older version so i can't fix the problem. If someone know how to fix this problem it would be a big help.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64

2. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi

3. vc_runtimeminimum_x64.msi location

4. vc_runtimeminimum_x64.msi download,
  5. vc runtimeminimum x64 msi,
  6. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64 error,
  7. vc_runtimeminimum_x64 missing,
  8. vc_runtimeminimum_x64.msi windows 10,
  9. vc_runtimeminimum_x64 msi 2017,
  10. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64 msi,
  11. vc runtimeminimum x64 msi download,