Windows 10: VCLibs 12 & CRT RTM downloads daily

Discus and support VCLibs 12 & CRT RTM downloads daily in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, My system downloads these two updates daily, Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: VCLibs 12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by garryR, Sep 16, 2015.

1. garryR Win User

VCLibs 12 & CRT RTM downloads daily

Hello all, My system downloads these two updates daily,
    Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: VCLibs 12
    Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: CRT RTM

Has anyone managed to find a fix to this issue, I have tried the uninstall of the skype app.

:)

garryR, Sep 16, 2015

2. store updates

what does vclibs 12 and crt rtm actually do?

ANIMESHJAAN, Sep 16, 2015
  3. RappoG Win User
    CRT RTM and VCLibs 12 sitting in Store Downloads

YvVall, Did you format the total hard drive or just the operating system partition, I removed all partitions including the recovery partition.

RappoG, Sep 16, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

If you have Office 2013, you'll have to remove "Lync" as well - Lync = Skype.

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
  5. garryR Win User
    Hello - Thanks for your prompt reply, my office 2013 is installed as "Office Click-to-Run". This install method doses not allow any options to change or remove any program modules. I cannot therefore remove Lync. I have 2 others PC's, it does not occur on the other PC's all have same office installed.

garryR, Sep 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    That's odd - I used to work with a One-Click version of Office 2010, and I could change it no problem - You will have to run the One-Click Installer, which should be mounted on drive "Q" or something? check in there.

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
  7. garryR Win User
    Thanks again, The One Click installer does not give any options on 2013, you have to install all the programs by default.

garryR, Sep 16, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

Crap. What version of Office is it, standard?

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
  9. garryR Win User
    It is Office 2013 Pro Plus

garryR, Sep 16, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    yah I got the same, but I can install all of it, or just word if I want. Odd.

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
  11. garryR Win User
    I believe that if you install it the standard way NOT click to run you can remove some of the programs / features.

garryR, Sep 16, 2015
  12. garryR Win User
    Diane Poremsky May 13, 2015 at 5:24 am
    It depends on the suite – if you have a “click to run” installation you can’t uninstall lync/s4b, but if you have the MSI available to volume licenses and msdn subscribers, you can uninstall any of the applications.
    C2R users (which is the vast majority) are limited to uninstall and repair unless their admin uses OCT to control what gets installed.

garryR, Sep 16, 2015
  13. XweAponX Win User

Yah I removed Click 2 run and installed it normally. I don't get click 2 run anyway, seems overly complicated, unless you are hosting the install for a network farm, 100 PCs or so.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. VCLibs 12 & CRT RTM downloads daily - Similar Threads - VCLibs CRT RTM

2. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  3. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  4. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CRT not installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    CRT not installed: I was messing with the recycle bin's quick access toolbar and got an error message "CRT not installed" then the screen desktop went blank. The desktop came back in a few seconds.What should I do?...
  6. Unable to download Daily Mirror

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Daily Mirror: I paid for the daily mirror download and when I try to download it keeps going back to the subscription page ***Modified title from: daily mirror*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-daily-mirror/517d943a-5119-4f70-bf75-a0e809f04332
  7. How to stop daily security definition daily downloads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop daily security definition daily downloads?: Never had an problem with windows security daily definition until I installed 1809. I still don't as long as they're space out. It when more then one is being applied when computer is turn on that problems occur. Paid the extortion fee of $99 for Windows 10 Pro and set...
  8. VCLibs 12 daily download help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VCLibs 12 daily download help: Hi All, I know that this has been asked before, but I'm getting a daily download called VCLibs 12, sometimes three or four a day. I have read through the threads and it apparently is linked to the get Skype app. I uninstalled this app a few weeks ago, but still get this...
  9. What is VCLibs 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is VCLibs 12?: What is VCLibs 12? It keeps asking for an update on the Windows Store. It won't even download the update. How do I remove it? 15625
  10. Windows 10 Mobile RTM Build Coming on November 12

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile RTM Build Coming on November 12: Build 10586 is the likely candidate for release sources say Although previous rumors suggested Microsoft could launch Windows 10 Mobile sometime in December, it looks like the Redmond-based company has decided to push for an earlier release. The current build for...