Windows 10: VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer.

Discus and support VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to convert my VHS tapes to Digital/DVD formats using Diamond Multimedia's PowerDirector 12 software. When I connect my Magnavox DVD/VCR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillGalloway, Apr 25, 2021.

1. VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer.

I am trying to convert my VHS tapes to Digital/DVD formats using Diamond Multimedia's PowerDirector 12 software. When I connect my Magnavox DVD/VCR Player Model MWD2205 to my Lenovo L340, Windows 10 Laptop using a Component Yellow, Red, White connection via a USB port, and run the PowerDirector12 software, it cannot find the VCR drive. On checking, I find that the Device Manager picks up the device as a USB COMPOSITE DEVICE and indicates it is working correctly. However, the Microsoft File Explorer does not pick up the device or display the device or give the d

:)

BillGalloway, Apr 25, 2021
  2. steve108 Win User

USB-connected SSD disappeared from explorer

1. Connect an external USB drive that worked on the good PC to this PC.
    2. From Device Manager, right click on the Disk 1 which should correspond to the external USB drive you connect, then assign a drive letter.
    3. Open a fresh new File Explorer and see if that driver letter you assigned in step two is now there.

steve108, Apr 25, 2021
  3. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Apr 25, 2021
  4. VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer.

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer.

1. VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer. - Similar Threads - VCR connected via

2. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  3. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.: I have a 2tb USB hard drive which is full of data that I cannot access any more. The device does not show up in file explorer but I can see it in the disk format tool, there is no drive letter assigned to it. Right clicking on the main partition and trying to assign a drive...
  4. USB hard drive shows up in device manager and partition manager but not file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB: When I had Windows 8.1, all I had to do to look at a picture to verify if it was good enough for downloading from my USB connected camera point & shoot was to open it in File Explorer by double clicking it, and it would open whatever Microsoft photos app that was a default on...
  6. Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB

Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB: When I had Windows 8.1, all I had to do to look at a picture to verify if it was good enough for downloading from my USB connected camera point & shoot was to open it in File Explorer by double clicking it, and it would open whatever Microsoft photos app that was a default on...
  7. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  8. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  9. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. process explorer and task manager are not picking up the same services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    process explorer and task manager are not picking up the same services: Hi guys , second time im asking a question here , first time was awesome and the issue was resolved . In task manager the antimalware serviceable executable , the cpu usage is very high but in the process explorer it doesnt even pick up the service but rater the MsMpEng...