Windows 10: VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 Error when trying to run a file.

Discus and support VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 Error when trying to run a file. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am simply confused because whenever I try to run any files it says VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 and says try to reinstall this application and try again but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoopy0Khan, Nov 27, 2020.

1. VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 Error when trying to run a file.

I am simply confused because whenever I try to run any files it says VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 and says try to reinstall this application and try again but it doesn’t work. I looked on YouTube but none of the solutions worked for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/Snoopy0Khan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snoopy0Khan, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

error message "vcruntime140.dll

Hi Arnold,

There are multiple factors that we need to consider why you’re getting the error message "vcruntime140.dll."
    For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?
    Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

Hi Kathleen,

The "Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll" error may have been caused by system file corruption. There might be missing files or documents. This error usually occurs when launching apps or installing Office. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting the error when launching apps? If so, what apps are you having issues with?

In the meantime, if you're having issues in launching apps, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. To uninstall an application that's downloaded from Windows Store, kindly refer to the steps provided on this
    link. Click on the drop-down menu and choose
    "Remove in Settings". On the other hand, to uninstall a program that's not downloaded in Windows Store, please refer to these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    • Click the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Click Uninstall.

To reinstall apps from Windows Store, perform the following steps:

• From the Start menu, type Store and press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app that you want to reinstall and press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

If the program is not downloaded from Windows Store, we recommend checking the software developer's website to download it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Nov 27, 2020
  4. carriehi Win User

VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 Error when trying to run a file.

vcruntime140.dll

Ive installed creative cloud but i cant open it. i get this message vcruntime140.dll error message. when i try to open one of the programmes. Have tried using the two answers listed on the forum. udating
    and reinstalling the file. but when I go to the file location to reinstall it the file isnt there at all. i have windows 10. i need c++ right. ?

I'm not very tech savvy...Maybe i'm not doing it right??

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

carriehi, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 Error when trying to run a file.

1. VCRUNTIME140.dll_1 Error when trying to run a file. - Similar Threads - VCRUNTIME140 dll_1 Error

2. Error when trying to run MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to run MSERT: A few days ago I tried to run MSERT 64-bit version. I immediately got an error message. I just downloaded the current version, and I still get the same error message. How can I fix this?...
  3. Error when trying to run MSERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to run MSERT: A few days ago I tried to run MSERT 64-bit version. I immediately got an error message. I just downloaded the current version, and I still get the same error message. How can I fix this?...
  4. Error when trying to run MSERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error when trying to run setup file on Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to run setup file on Windows 10 installation: I have just downloaded windows 10 Enterprise in ISO format. I copied the files to a usb drive and when I run the setup.exe file, I get an error message. I then extracted the files and the setup.exe file isn't there. Why the error message?...
  6. VCRUNTIME140.dll error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VCRUNTIME140.dll error: Hello so i recently reseted my pc, not format but just a simple reset, i'm trying to run a program but it's saying that "VCRUNTIME140.dll" is missing/was not found, is it because I should update windows or I have to reinstall VCredist_x64 and x86? thanks in advance....
  7. Error missing .dll files when trying to run Smite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error missing .dll files when trying to run Smite: I've recently downloaded a game (Smite) from both Steam and from the developer directly. Both times I'm met with messages telling me I'm missing: XINPUT1_3.dll , D3DCOMPILIER_43.dll , d3dx9_43.dll and d3dx11_43.dll . I've made sure that I'm running DirectX 12 on Windows 10...
  8. Uplay VCRUNTIME140.dll error fix..!!

Uplay VCRUNTIME140.dll error fix..!!: I finally fix the issue with of the Uplay VCRUNTIME140.dll error and I like to share it for those who are facing the same issue I install both x64 and x86 Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and nothing happen the problem persists then I install both x64...
  9. Error when trying to run update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to run update: I have Windows 10 pro ... Keep getting can not connect to update service. I am connected to interet and ran troubleshooting .... same result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-run-update/fe646a9c-3f5b-4218-9d97-aca8059b99b1
  10. File system error -1073740791 when trying to run a program as admin

File system error -1073740791 when trying to run a program as admin: Hello, here is my problem: after a repair from the start menu I now get a file system error -1073740791 when trying to run any program as administrator. Thank you for your attention....