Windows 10: vcruntime140 missing

Discus and support vcruntime140 missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I get an error message when trying to open Office apps, saying I'm missing vcruntime140.dll . All previous postings I've seen recommend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShayTanne, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ShayTanne Win User

vcruntime140 missing

Hi there, I get an error message when trying to open Office apps, saying I'm missing vcruntime140.dll . All previous postings I've seen recommend reinstalling MS Visual C++ 2015. I don't have Visual C++ 2015 on my computer, there seem to only be files lablled under Visual C++ 2008, 2012, 2013, 2017. After downloading Visual C++ 2015 from MS, a message prompts saying there is already a program identical to this and that installation cannot be completed before that one is removed. Should I remove other Visual C++ files?

In general, I don't see how the vcruntime140 issue is related to Visual C++.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks

:)

ShayTanne, Feb 20, 2019

2. Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

Hi Kathleen,

The "Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll" error may have been caused by system file corruption. There might be missing files or documents. This error usually occurs when launching apps or installing Office. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting the error when launching apps? If so, what apps are you having issues with?

In the meantime, if you're having issues in launching apps, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. To uninstall an application that's downloaded from Windows Store, kindly refer to the steps provided on this
    link. Click on the drop-down menu and choose
    "Remove in Settings". On the other hand, to uninstall a program that's not downloaded in Windows Store, please refer to these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    • Click the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Click Uninstall.

To reinstall apps from Windows Store, perform the following steps:

• From the Start menu, type Store and press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app that you want to reinstall and press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

If the program is not downloaded from Windows Store, we recommend checking the software developer's website to download it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll since big Windows10 update.

Hi Elaine,

The issue regarding missing VCRUNTIME140.dll can be caused by a recent update installed or a system conflict was triggered. To know more about your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes recently prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To know which version, follow the steps on this

link
    • What troubleshooting steps have you made so far?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Feb 20, 2019
  4. vcruntime140 missing

Windows 10 Version 1703 missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

Hi Abdul,

For us to isolate your concern with missing VCRUNTIME140.dll in Windows 10, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried downloading the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update from this
      link?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this issue?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

vcruntime140 missing

1. vcruntime140 missing - Similar Threads - vcruntime140 missing

2. Problem installing TurboTax on Windows 11. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing TurboTax on Windows 11. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing: I have uninstalled and reinstalled Visual C++, rebooting before reinstalling. I can see both files in...
  3. Problem installing TurboTax on Windows 11. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installing TurboTax on Windows 11. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing: I have uninstalled and reinstalled Visual C++, rebooting before reinstalling. I can see both files in...
  4. VCRUNTIME140.dll missing VM Virtual box 7.0.6 opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VCRUNTIME140.dll missing VM Virtual box 7.0.6 opens: VCRUNTIME140.dll missing Error only happens when VM Virtual box 7.0.6 opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll-missing-vm-virtual-box-706-opens/1a421a1f-f633-43f3-8386-48a1d1428dd7
  5. VCRUNTIME140.dll missing VM Virtual box 7.0.6 opens

VCRUNTIME140.dll missing VM Virtual box 7.0.6 opens: VCRUNTIME140.dll missing Error only happens when VM Virtual box 7.0.6 opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll-missing-vm-virtual-box-706-opens/1a421a1f-f633-43f3-8386-48a1d1428dd7
  6. VCRUNTIME140.dll missing with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VCRUNTIME140.dll missing with Windows11: I am setting up a brand new machine and receiving the VCRUNTIME140.dll missing or corrupt error. Having read through solutions here, I:- ran the sfcscannow and the report was error free- uninstalled and reinstalled MS Visual C++ 64 bit and x86 versions, restarted,...
  7. VCRUNTIME140.dll missing with Windows11

VCRUNTIME140.dll missing with Windows11: I am setting up a brand new machine and receiving the VCRUNTIME140.dll missing or corrupt error. Having read through solutions here, I:- ran the sfcscannow and the report was error free- uninstalled and reinstalled MS Visual C++ 64 bit and x86 versions, restarted,...
  8. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 11: Made a full clean factory reset on my computer to start with a fresh and upgraded windows 11. Tried to install an application, and apparently I'm missing some program/files?...
  9. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 11

VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 11: Made a full clean factory reset on my computer to start with a fresh and upgraded windows 11. Tried to install an application, and apparently I'm missing some program/files?...
  10. Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows

Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-vcruntime140dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/26840b96-cbb5-4dfa-8dfa-c9f307b0f4dc