Windows 10: Vega 56 settings and help

Discus and support Vega 56 settings and help in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi , i just installed my new gigabyte vega 56 oc card. i am running cpu i7- 7700 , pb 500w psu , 16 gig ram , I had a go at increasing the power limit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by markfresh, Jun 28, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Vega 56 settings and help

Hi , i just installed my new gigabyte vega 56 oc card.
    i am running cpu i7- 7700 , pb 500w psu , 16 gig ram ,
    I had a go at increasing the power limit , and then undervolting .
    I ran some tests with fur mark and time spy etc and sometimes it crashed.
    I also got what i think was thermal throttling , but i think it might be my cpu , as even if i set gpu to turbo not custom , it locks up before my gpu fans kick in.
    So have i got enough power to run this card?
    And if not if i undervolt will it help?
    Also there are so many preset setting im confussed as to which to use .
    There is in amd settings ,powersave ,balanced,turbo etc, and then within custom there is auto overclock, auto undervolt etc.
    First of all i need to work out if my system will run this card on custom, and if it will what custom settings do i use ? , and if not what auto setttings do i choose?
    thanks mark

- - - Updated - - -

Also i just ran a benchmark on shadow of the tombraider on my 1440 monitor and got 61fps on highest settings, but on world of warcraft it crashes.
    Update , after running that benchmark my pc froze , *Sad

:)

markfresh, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 28, 2019
  3. AMD Asks Reviewers to Prioritize Vega 56 over Vega 64

It seems that AMD's RX Vega lineup won't be too far away from the norm, it seems. Street knowledge almost always says that it's the runner-up to the highest performing graphics card that is the more interesting in a price-performance ratio, and it seems that AMD knows this as well. Steve Burke from Gamer's Nexus has reported on AMD's NDA dates and the company's indications to reviewers on changing up the game leading up to reviews: they're asking that publications focus on the Vega 56 ahead of the halo Vega 64.

This might be somewhat bad news for those who wanted to see the Vega 64 compete in favorable terms with the GTX 1080; this decision by AMD is obviously geared towards making the best impact on the company's product line and image. The fact that AMD can offer a more compelling argument over the Vega 64 means that Vega 56 will probably have an easier battle in the $400 camp (if you can find it at those prices on launch, that is.)

Vega 56 settings and help J6RjtCciHAmowstD_thm.jpg

Gamer's Nexus have offered a schedule of sorts for AMD's Vega NDA dates, which are:

• Unboxing embargo lift on Saturday, August 12, 11AM EDT: AMD permits unboxing photos or videos only.
    • Performance embargo lift for Vega 56 on August 14, 9AM EDT.
    • RX Vega 64 already in hands of some reviewers, with unboxing embargo lift on Saturday, August 12, 11AM EDT.
    • RX Vega 64 performance embargo lift on August 14, 9AM EDT.
    • Update: Vega 56 launches on 8/28.
    Source: Gamer's Nexus

Raevenlord, Jun 28, 2019
  4. medi01 Win User

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Review Sample Unboxed

Soo, one day earlier than allowed, I guess?

medi01, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Vega 56 settings and help - Similar Threads - Vega settings help

2. Network adaptors code 56 error, HELP !!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adaptors code 56 error, HELP !!!!: Long story short I had to check if an laptop is wroking or has hdd problems so I used my windows 10 hdd. After it booted on the laptop (probably install drivers for everything on it) I took it out and put it back on my pc, from then on all my network adaptors went full on...
  3. Code 56

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Code 56: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56 What should i do? All my network adapter gone, i cant connect to any internet even im using ethernet cablr...
  4. vega 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    vega 11: Buenas queria consultar porque mi video integrado vega 11 del procesador ryzen 5 3400g no estaria funcionando. Codigo error 12 me dice que no hay recursos suficientes. me podrian ayudar?...
  5. PC crashed, vega 56

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashed, vega 56: I returned the graphic card and back with me, however still experience crashes and black screen, once blackscreen, fan will goes 100%, and reset or anything won't work expect force it to shut down by press power button. latest report shows below.... any help will be greatful...
  6. MSI Vega 56 Air Boost - Cannot use multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI Vega 56 Air Boost - Cannot use multiple displays: My current setup is: Intel i5-9600k Asus TUF Gaming Plus MSI Vega 56 Air Boost I have two displays connected. 1 via HDMI 1 via DisplayPort Upon boot I see the splash screen on the DP monitor and then I see the login screen on the HDMI monitor and the DP monitor turns off....
  7. Vegas Movie crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vegas Movie crashing: Bought a brand new PC about 8 months ago, never had a problem with Vegas movie studio 15.. After an update of windows 10 it wont even work now??? And a few of my Apps keep crashing.. What do I do?...
  8. Help! Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56): My computer was working fine with internet access, while updating the network drivers I got disconnected from my home wifi but the update failed in the end. I know people talked about this and found that they had third party VPN running but I don't have any VPN running. I...
  9. Vegas Downtown update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vegas Downtown update: how do I get vegas downtown update on my game screen. Click on it and it goes to Microsoft! WHY // https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/vegas-downtown-update/458f082c-e23b-4673-aff9-cac3feab948c
  10. hdmi to vega

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi to vega: hdmi to vega when connect the lap detect only one screen so Ican,t activate the presenter view option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-to-vega/62a240bd-067b-456d-be0c-8a834e5fb77e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gigabyte vega 56 problem

2. vega 56 undervolt