Windows 10: Vellaura and her PC Adventures - Configuring her new PC :D

Discus and support Vellaura and her PC Adventures - Configuring her new PC :D in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all! For those of you that know me will know the technical journey I've been on, hopefully this will be the last adventure, my new donated pc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vellaura, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Vellaura Win User

Vellaura and her PC Adventures - Configuring her new PC :D

Hey all!

For those of you that know me will know the technical journey I've been on, hopefully this will be the last adventure, my new donated pc. I thought I'd make a thread about it because I have plenty of little questions regarding many things and I'm sure new ones will come as I set this one up.

Here are the specs for anyone wondering, it's nothing mind blowing but its heaps better then my old one:

Vellaura and her PC Adventures - Configuring her new PC :D [​IMG]

I've been very out of touch with most of the newer hardware, since my old mobo was not even UEFI. I just wanted to get some tips on configuring everything correctly.

1: First thing I want to do is update my BIOS to get maximum stability. My one is currently on 0504, I was just wondering for my mobo should I go for the latest "beta" version or go for the one right below it, any stability issues with going for a beta version? Is it worth it?

Installation: If I remember correctly all I had to do was download the bios file, put it on a USB, load into bios then update and pray nothing shuts down right? This mobo has a BIOS USB port, not sure what that's for exactly.

2: I'm going to remove all the parts out of the donated pc's current case, its a small old thermaltake case, no where near as cool as my other phantom. I love my NZXT Phantom too much not to use it.

Also going to put my Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition on the new cpu, its currently got the stock intel heatsink and fan, my god is it loud. LGA 2011 socket is surprisingly easy to install on, no backplate required! Woo. All this will be like building a new pc moving everything from one to another, so good experience I bet! Any tips?

3: When doing a clean install of windows I should have all the drivers in a usb and install them all before I connect to the internet right? This mobo actually has tons of drivers it comes with, even chipset drivers (my old mobo didn't even have those *Biggrin). Any drivers I dont need or just install all the latest ones?

Anything else I should be aware of? I had a quick look through the bios settings but didn't want to mess around with anything, AHCI is on.

Thanks Vellaura and her PC Adventures - Configuring her new PC :D :)

Version 20H2

:)

Vellaura, Mar 6, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

How do you configure a barebone pc?

Please list the PC you are going to buy. Configuring can mean setting up the operating system, adding extra hardware and other things.

erocker, Mar 6, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Vellaura and her PC Adventures - Configuring her new PC :D - Similar Threads - Vellaura Adventures Configuring

2. Padání her

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Padání her: Dobrý den,postavil jsem nový počítač :Ryzen 9 7900X 12-CoreAsus PRIME x670-PKingston 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL40 FURY Beast Black RGBKingston SLC3000D2048GAMD Radeon Graphics / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 - do měsíce bude nová grafikaWindows 11 originál aktivovanépokud spustím...
  3. Padání her

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Padání her: Dobrý den,postavil jsem nový počítač :Ryzen 9 7900X 12-CoreAsus PRIME x670-PKingston 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL40 FURY Beast Black RGBKingston SLC3000D2048GAMD Radeon Graphics / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 - do měsíce bude nová grafikaWindows 11 originál aktivovanépokud spustím...
  4. So my client her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my client her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update: So i setted up a clients pc windows 11 lik i usualy do after an update she got this message: Something is wrong and your PIN is not available. Click to re-enter your PINwhen we press this we get hit with the password for her microsoft email np we fill that in than we get hit...
  5. So my client her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update

So my client her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update: So i setted up a clients pc windows 11 lik i usualy do after an update she got this message: Something is wrong and your PIN is not available. Click to re-enter your PINwhen we press this we get hit with the password for her microsoft email np we fill that in than we get hit...
  6. So my vliennt her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my vliennt her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update: So i setted up a clients pc windows 11 lik i usualy do after an update she got this message: Something is wrong and your PIN is not available. Click to re-enter your PINwhen we press this we get hit with the password for her microsoft email np we fill that in than we get hit...
  7. So my vliennt her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update

So my vliennt her pincode to unlock her pc gets rejected after update: So i setted up a clients pc windows 11 lik i usualy do after an update she got this message: Something is wrong and your PIN is not available. Click to re-enter your PINwhen we press this we get hit with the password for her microsoft email np we fill that in than we get hit...
  8. Grandma asked me to help her upgrade to 10 but her PC is 16 years old.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grandma asked me to help her upgrade to 10 but her PC is 16 years old.: So, she doesn't mean the minimum hardware requirements. Will 10 just not work on her pc? I am guessing it wont, but, doesn't hurt to ask. She only used her pc for gmail and her bank. Also, is this guide good from xp to 10 or do you guys got a better one?...
  9. Question on an internal HDD as an external enclosed HDD to her PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question on an internal HDD as an external enclosed HDD to her PC: My daughter wants to use a new unused internal 1TB HDD as an external 1TB for storage purposes. She purchased the cable and portable enclosure to connect to her PC. The instructions are confusing. Apparently it needs to be initialized and formatted. Can some knowledgeable...
  10. New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...: The labels are there, but there is no/blank icons...please help. 77799