Windows 10: Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted...

Discus and support Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is a bit complicated, I'll give you as much context as I can so hopefully this will make some sense. I'm a vendor employee at Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thenamesarealltaken_, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted...

So this is a bit complicated, I'll give you as much context as I can so hopefully this will make some sense.

I'm a vendor employee at Microsoft (contract employee, not employed by Microsoft) Since the start of this year I've been working from home. I got a work laptop that I didn't bother using just because I had access to all my work, Microsoft office using my own computer. Now starting today if you are using your own personal device, it needs to be managed by Microsoft so you allow it to be managed through some site and settings. It created another user account on Windows that now gave it all the permissions needed to access all my work related sites, programs, etc. I was also forced to change my administrator user account's password on Windows. So that was fine, but I was curious to what happens when my contract gets over in December. Can I just revoke the access? So I called their tech support I explained it to the guy. He told me to simply go into your user account and delete the work/school account email.

So using my administrator windows account, I deleted the work/school email and I also deleted the windows user account (the work one that it automatically created). However, that didn't delete the windows user account that it created for my work. I was like ok, this is weird. So I restarted my PC, and when it booted it didn't show my personal account on windows, only the work account which it created and that I chose to delete.

Now I tried manually logging in as other user and typing my name that was the administrator account and I couldn't login. I tried logging in to my Microsoft.com account login option.

I hope that made some sense as to how I got to this issue. Any suggestions on what to do?

submitted by /u/Thenamesarealltaken_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thenamesarealltaken_, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted... :(

Zakin, Oct 28, 2020
  3. MICROSOFT SUPPORT EMPLOYEE DELETED MY EMAIL ACCOUNT

While remotely connected to my computer via LogMeIn, a Microsoft Support Employee deleted my email account.

The Employee's name is Karthek. He did this on October 22nd while working on Case # 1309673413.

Karthek also reconfigured my logon screen and I do not know how to undo what he did.

Since this I have been on the phone with Microsoft for many hours. I have been assigned the following:

Service Request #1309704334

Case #1309673413 (as above)

Case #1309797277

I did not delete my email account, I did not ask for my email account to be deleted. I warned Karthek that the previous support person, Sam, warned me NOT to delete it as I would not be able to get it back.

I have paid for this account through May 2016. Now what do I do? I have lost ALL my information.

LarryTwomey, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted...

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted...

1. Vendor Microsoft employee here, Microsoft tech support got my windows user account deleted... - Similar Threads - Vendor Microsoft employee

2. someone got into my Microsoft account and deleted it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone got into my Microsoft account and deleted it: someone hacked into my microsoft account about a week ago, I still have access to the email I just can't sign into anything with. like I can receive e-mails and codes from it I just can't sign into Minecraft or anything I use it only for gaming and It won't let me in, it let...
  3. someone got into my Microsoft account and deleted it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    someone got into my Microsoft account and deleted it: someone hacked into my microsoft account about a week ago, I still have access to the email I just can't sign into anything with. like I can receive e-mails and codes from it I just can't sign into Minecraft or anything I use it only for gaming and It won't let me in, it let...
  4. employees at Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    employees at Microsoft: I'm not going to ask you again to stop maliciously controlling my account... preventing me from logging in, preventing me for remote playing, accessing my account through some weird method so I have to change my password every time you do it no one else has access to my...
  5. Microsoft tech support

Microsoft tech support: I have been trying to contact a live person at Microsoft support for windows. However the support bot will not let me. It askes me to sign-in twice and will not let me past the second sign-in! So I cannot talk to a person! What can I do. When I call tech support they say...
  6. Microsoft Tech Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Tech Support: How do I get tech support from microsoft to perform remote routine service / maintenance on my windows laptop using my Assure subscription? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tech-support/0a5d52fe-ee77-4d01-b6e8-499505dbc830
  7. Phony Microsoft Tech Support Scam

Phony Microsoft Tech Support Scam: DANGER!! Almost as soon as I posted a notice pertaining to a performance issue in the M-365 Forum, I received an email from a "Richard Miller71" with the following text: Note the bad English, which should raise a red flag We apologize for the inconvenience you have...
  8. Windows support vendors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows support vendors: 844-337-2439 is a phone number we called when receiving a virus warning from Microsoft - is this a valid support vendor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-support-vendors/d99f53df-acf9-4334-9dd6-c2315f465ab5
  9. microsoft update deleted my user account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft update deleted my user account: a little over a year ago I was using a dell OptiPlex 760, I noticed it was missing features and after hours of talking to support we found out it was miscrosoft enterprise and they gave me a license for windows pro instead which I installed, it worked fine until I lost my...
  10. microsoft tech support phone number

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft tech support phone number: does Microsoft have a tech support phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tech-support-phone-number/a92e563f-46f6-4abc-98c0-514f850f889a"