Windows 10: Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation

Discus and support Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest version of the open source tool Ventoy supports an option to bypass the Windows 11 requirements check during installation of the operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 19, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation

The latest version of the open source tool Ventoy supports an option to bypass the Windows 11 requirements check during installation of the operating system.

Ventoy 1.0.55 is available already for download. The program can be used to created bootable USB media from a variety of image formats, including ISO, WIM, IMG and VHD. What sets Ventoy apart from most solutions, including Rufus and Universal MediaCreationTool , is that it places image files directly on the USB media, without extraction, and that multiple image files may be added to boot different systems.

Microsoft's PC Health Check app is still the first option to find out if a system is compatible with Windows 11. Microsoft itself does not point customers in the right direction if a device does not meet the minimum system requirements of Windows 11, but there are options to install Windows 11 without TPM 2.0 and other requirements.

Tip: check out our Rufus guide on creating Windows 11 installation media that bypasses the compatibility check.

Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check

Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation ventoy-1.0.55-windows-11-requirements-installation-bypass.png

First thing you need to do is download the latest version of Ventoy from the project's GitHub website. It is available for Windows and Linux. The Windows version is supplied as a zip file, which you need to extract after the download.

Configuration of the bypass is less straightforward as it is when using other solutions.

Here is what you need to do:

Tip: you can download a sample json file that has the correct configuration setting here: ventoy

1. Open the ventoy subdirectory of the extracted zip archive.
    2. Create a new text document and name it ventoy.json. Make sure there is no hidden .txt extension.
    3. Add the following content to the file and save it.

{
    "control": [
    { "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "0" },
    { "VTOY_TREE_VIEW_MENU_STYLE": "0" },
    { "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" },
    { "VTOY_SORT_CASE_SENSITIVE": "0" },
    { "VTOY_MAX_SEARCH_LEVEL": "max" },
    { "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT": "/ISO" },
    { "VTOY_MENU_TIMEOUT": "10" },
    { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "/ISO/debian_netinstall.iso" },
    { "VTOY_FILE_FLT_EFI": "1" },
    { "VTOY_DEFAULT_KBD_LAYOUT": "QWERTY_USA" },
    { "VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK": "1" }
    ]
    }

The last parameter, "VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK": "1", will create certain Registry keys that will bypass RAM, TMP, Secure Boot, CPU and Storage checks on the machine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig\BypassRAMCheck
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig\BypassTPMCheck
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig\BypassSecureBootCheck
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig\BypassCPUCheck
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig\BypassStorageCheck

You need to place the file inside the ventoy folder on the first partition of the USB media. Also, add the Windows 11 image that you want to use to upgrade a device or newly install it to the same partition. You can use subfolders for images to keep things organized, as Ventoy will scan all folders on the partition for images.

Closing Words

Ventoy is now another option when it comes to installing Windows 11 on incompatible devices. The installation is not as straightforward, but Ventoy offers options that other tools don't support. You could add multiple Windows 11 images, e.g. a release Windows 11 ISO and the latest Windows Insider ISO, to the USB device and install any of those.

Still, if all you want is to upgrade a device to Windows 11, it may be easier to use Rufus or the Universal MediaCreationTool to do just that.

Now You: have you upgraded devices to Windows 11 yet?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 19, 2021

2. Windows 11 install script bypasses TPM, system requirements

here you are guys Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation :)

A new script allows you to install Windows 11 on devices with incompatible hardware, such as missing TPM 2.0, incompatible CPUs, or the lack of Secure Boot. Even better, the script also works on virtual machines, allowing you to upgrade to the latest Windows Insider build.

When Windows 11 was first announced, Microsoft released the operating system's new system requirements, which included a TPM 2.0 security processor, Secure Boot, newer CPUs, and at least 64 GB of hard drive space.

As Microsoft realized that many people, especially those in the enterprise, would be testing Windows 11 preview builds on virtual machines, they exempted them from the system requirements.

However, Microsoft is now requiring compatible hardware even on virtual machines and taking a firm stance on its system requirement, going as far as to say that people who install Windows 11 on incompatible hardware may not get security updates.

For those willing to risk running Windows 11 on incompatible hardware, a script has been released that allows new installations and upgrades to bypass the operating system's system requirements.

Script bypasses Windows 11 system requirements
    This new script was released as part of the extremely useful Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper, a batch file that allows you to create an ISO for any version of Windows 10, with Windows 11 support added last week.

While the main script of this open-source project is the 'MediaCreationTool.bat' used to create Windows ISOs, it also includes a script named 'Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd,' which configures the device to bypass compatible hardware checks.

When executed on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 device, the Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd script will perform a variety of tasks, including:

Create the 'AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU' value under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup Registry key and set it to 1.
    Registers a WMI event subscription named 'Skip TPM Check on Dynamic Update' that deletes the 'C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\appraiserres.dll' file when the vdsldr.exe executable is launched during Windows 11 setup.
    It should be noted that the created WMI event subscription will remain in effect until you run the Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd script again, which will cause the event subscriptions to be deleted. You can do this after installing or upgrading Windows 11.

Universal MediaCreationTool wrapper for all MCT Windows 10 versions from 1507 to 21H1 with business (Enterprise) edition support . GitHub

dany007119966, Oct 19, 2021
  3. fdm2000 Win User
    Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation

1. Ventoy 1.0.55: bypass Windows 11 requirements check during installation - Similar Threads - Ventoy bypass requirements

2. Windows 11 installation on unsupported devices via bypassing requirement checks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation on unsupported devices via bypassing requirement checks: There are workstations running Windows 10 on Dell PCs i.e. OptiPlex 7040.However, the PCs have an unsupported processor for Windows 11 i.e. IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU.The idea is to freshly install Windows-11 on them i.e. not perform in place upgrade from Win-10 to 11.I...
  3. Windows 11 installation on unsupported devices via bypassing requirement checks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installation on unsupported devices via bypassing requirement checks: There are workstations running Windows 10 on Dell PCs i.e. OptiPlex 7040.However, the PCs have an unsupported processor for Windows 11 i.e. IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU.The idea is to freshly install Windows-11 on them i.e. not perform in place upgrade from Win-10 to 11.I...
  4. This single command bypasses Windows 11 hardware checks during installation

in Windows 10 News
    This single command bypasses Windows 11 hardware checks during installation: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system checks several hardware components of a PC during setup to make sure the PC meets the minimum system requirements. Microsoft claims that the change was necessary to improve security and functionality of Windows 11. Critics argue that...
  5. How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.: Hi, I have a DELL vostro laptop at home. For some reason, it has windows boot loader but there are no files on the disk. So I made a bootable usb using rufus I set everything correctly, GPT and UEFI settings in BIOS as well and disabled secure boot. My SATA mode is AHCI we...
  6. How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.: Hi, I have a DELL vostro laptop at home. For some reason, it has windows boot loader but there are no files on the disk. So I made a bootable usb using rufus I set everything correctly, GPT and UEFI settings in BIOS as well and disabled secure boot. My SATA mode is AHCI we...
  7. Ventoy 1.0.86: bypass Windows 11 hardware and online account requirement enabled by default

in Windows 10 News
    Ventoy 1.0.86: bypass Windows 11 hardware and online account requirement enabled by default: Ventoy 1.0.86 is the latest version of the open source tool to create bootable media using disk image formats such as ISO or IMG. Ventoy supports the placing of multiple disk images on a single USB drive, which makes it an excellent option to run different versions /...
  8. How to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement during Windows setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement during Windows setup: Every few years, Microsoft is making it more difficult to create a local account during setup of the Windows operating system. [ATTACH] The company announced in February 2022 that new setups and first runs of Pro versions of Windows 11 would require a Microsoft account. It...
  9. Windows 11: how to bypass TPM checks during dynamic updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11: how to bypass TPM checks during dynamic updates: Windows 11 users who have installed Microsoft's operating system on devices that don't meet the minimum system requirements may have run into troubles installing recent updates. Updates may fail to install on these devices and users may be puzzled as to why that is happening....
  10. Install Windows 10 on sub minim requirements / bypass error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows 10 on sub minim requirements / bypass error?: Is there any possible way to install windows 10 on an old LapTop that doesn't meet the minimum requirements? And always gives a something went wrong error when trying to install error? Or am I missing an obvios alternative? likes a Windows 10 Lite lite really lite version?...