Windows 10: Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...

Discus and support Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can't change background or text color Problem only with file explorer. Same problem on all 3 of my pc's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by al92lt1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. al92lt1 Win User

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...

Can't change background or text color
    Problem only with file explorer. Same problem on all 3 of my pc's

:)

al92lt1, Oct 5, 2018

2. Dark Mode

I have just updated to Windows 10 Version 1809.

Right click is unusable in dark mode. The text changes to white, but Menu windows are still white.

This is both on the desktop and in File Explorer

KeithG_727, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 1809 Dark mode

Thanks for reporting this.

We are seeing some reports of unexpectedly light-themed UI elements (e.g. address bar) in File Explorer and unreadable text in context menus when using dark theme after the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (1809).

If you’ve enabled dark theme and File Explorer doesn’t look like the picture shown

here
    , we are aware and working on a fix. In the meantime, you can resolve the issue by going to Settings > Personalization > Themes and reverting back to the default Windows theme. After that, feel free to return to your preferred theme.

Paul...

PaulSey..., Oct 8, 2018
  4. Pauli O Win User

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...

File Explorer Dark Mode

Dark mode for File Explorer is coming next version v1809 which will be released very soon.

Quote from Insider Blog announcement for build 17733:

What’s new in Build 17733 Dark Theme in File Explorer

With
    Build 17666
    we started our journey bringing dark theme to File Explorer. Today’s build marks the turning point where we’ve finished what we set out to do for this release.

Read more:

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/community-news/dark-theme-in-file-explorer/

Pauli O, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon... - Similar Threads - Ver 1809 dark

2. Dark Mode / Problem with unseeable text. Text also Black or dark Grey

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Mode / Problem with unseeable text. Text also Black or dark Grey: I have been using dark mode for a few years and love it, it is much easier on the eyes. We recently got an update pushed down to use and now I can't see the text. When i open new emails or reply to emails the text is staying black or dark grey. I have to select all and then...
  3. Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white

Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white: I believe this started with Windows version 2004 but only these two programs seem to look weird. I tried to re-add the shortcuts manually but that did nothing. I also tried to reinstall premiere and audition but that also did nothing. Changing modes to light hides the problem...
  4. File Explorer background dark

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer background dark: Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same. [img] 138766
  5. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  6. Context menu text in dark mode 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu text in dark mode 1809: If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme. 125089
  7. Context menu text in dark mode 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Context menu text in dark mode 1809: If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme. 125089
  8. Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shows black text on dark background. Can't read icon...: Can't change background or text color Problem only with file explorer. Same problem on all 3 of my pc's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ver-1809-dark-mode-in-file-explorer-shows-black/b541fa1a-6a88-4cbe-aa29-ff4c971b0fe1
  9. Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin...

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin...: I have been using the Dark mode and find it easier on the eyes. I was looking forward to this update because Microsoft was expanding the dark mode to file explorer windows. On the 3 computers that I just updated, when viewing a file explorer window the icon labels are in...
  10. Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin...

Ver 1809, dark mode in file explorer shoes black text on dark background. Can't read icin...: I have been using the Dark mode and find it easier on the eyes. I was looking forward to this update because Microsoft was expanding the dark mode to file explorer windows. On the 3 computers that I just updated, when viewing a file explorer window the icon labels are in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see text in file explorer dark modE

2. White text on white background - Windows dark mode

3. how to change black font in file explorer dark mode

4. file explorer dark mode changes my text to black,
  5. windows explorer black text on black background,
  6. cant read file explorer path in dark mode,
  7. w10 1809 can file explorer white background be changed,
  8. dark mode white cant read icons,
  9. windows explorer dark mode text white,
  10. file explorer shows white on black?,
  11. explorer dark mode black text on black