Windows 10: Ver. 20H2 kills Network

Discus and support Ver. 20H2 kills Network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have relatively new HP tower. Running VER.1909. It has the Realtek PCIe Network driver. I have tried to install 20H2 4 times adn tried all teh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PTVEGAS, Dec 30, 2020.

1. PTVEGAS Win User

Ver. 20H2 kills Network

I have relatively new HP tower. Running VER.1909.

It has the Realtek PCIe Network driver. I have tried to install 20H2 4 times adn tried all teh fixes. rest driver, installed new driver, modified Reg. edit. Did all the Win. Network troubleshooting apps, Change PC name.. etc. still shows Network connected with Internet access, but cannot access anything on the internet.

Strangely, does an IP return on an outside IP address. But cannot VPN in to work, or open any browser page.. get the ole Page cannot be displayed. Outlook doesn't connect either.

I saw somewhere that certain models of HP computers were not compatible with this build? Also, saw that MS knows about the issue and is working on a new push fix???

PS: wifi doesn't work either. Also tired a USB LAN adapter connection,,, same there.

Any more Ideas' on when or if MS is coming with a fix as from what I see there are a lot users with the same issue.?

Thanks

:)

PTVEGAS, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Windows update and killing the network adapter

My update list shows KB4338818 waiting, and the more info lists this update as having an issue which kills the network adapter.

So, why would anyone elect to install this KB knowing it will kill the internet? Right now, for that issue alone, this KB item is not installed on my PC.

There are (manual) workarounds listed, and therefore why hasn't MS embodied them in the KB so this issue just "isn't there"?

Davidk03, Dec 30, 2020
  3. July 13 update killed ability to connect to the internet

Hi Elizabeth,

This issue may have occurred either due to a corrupt network driver or incorrect network settings. To resolve your concern we suggest that you follow the methods listed on this
    link. The link contains basic troubleshooting steps such as the Network troubleshooter and steps on resetting
    the network devices that can help fix the issue.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Ver. 20H2 kills Network

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Ver. 20H2 kills Network

1. Ver. 20H2 kills Network - Similar Threads - Ver 20H2 kills

2. Windows 10 Impossible to update to ver 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Impossible to update to ver 20H2: Hi everyone and thank you in advance for the time spent.I am currently unable to update to the most recent win10 version a computerthe update succesfully downloads and installs itself, but when the computer restarts itself to deploy and finalize the update it displays...
  3. What Win10 KB moved ver 20h2 to 21h1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What Win10 KB moved ver 20h2 to 21h1: I had a "ssd" crash & had to reload win10 im now on VER 20h2 19042.1081 I was @ VER 21h1 19043.1023 b4 the crash. how do I jump to the newer version, my system says i'm up to date @ VER 20h2 19042.1081 Tia, SJK@ 181654
  4. What Win10 KB moved ver 20h2 to 21h1

in Windows 10 Support
    What Win10 KB moved ver 20h2 to 21h1: I had a "ssd" crash & had to reload win10 im now on VER 20h2 19042.1081 I was @ VER 21h1 19043.1023 b4 the crash. how do I jump to the newer version, my system says i'm up to date @ VER 20h2 19042.1081 Tia, SJK@ 181654
  5. .exe files that work on Windows 10 Ver. 20H2 but not Windows 10 Ver. 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .exe files that work on Windows 10 Ver. 20H2 but not Windows 10 Ver. 2004: I have a number of special purpose .exe files that were generated by Adobe Director. These files have run for years on various PCs I have used in my Business.I purchased a new HP ENVY x360 directly from HP last November. It came with Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.985....
  6. BIOS Access Link After Update to Ver.20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Access Link After Update to Ver.20H2: Greetings, Thursday I ran the update for Ver. 20H2. Today I am trying to access the Mobo's BIOS settings via the Settings>Update & Security>Recovery Tab>Restart Now>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>EUFI Firmware Settings path navigation I have used in years past. What a shocker,...
  7. The Tablet feature in win 10 ver 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Tablet feature in win 10 ver 20H2: Hi everyone, Please help that i can't find the Tablet mode in action center any more. What happened??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-tablet-feature-in-win-10-ver-20h2/24234d47-db48-4893-ba33-2fc786ba73cb
  8. Win 10 20H2: Network Shares kills File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 20H2: Network Shares kills File Explorer: Hello, after the upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 we have the problem that the File Explorer does not react anymore if the noteobook is not connected to the business network and file shares are mapped. If the user is connected via VPN it works without problems. This problem makes...
  9. Window 10 Ver. 20H2 Update issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Ver. 20H2 Update issue.: Dear Sir/Mam, I Sachin Pal, I update my Windows 10 to 20H2 Version but I am facing a new problem i.e. The brightness of the screen is constant unable to increase or decrease the brightness, the pop shows that the brightness is increasing or decreasing but physically it isn't...
  10. Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared: If you use Windows 10 and any kind of Infrared adapter for dive computer, or other download device ---- DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VERSION, 1903. It breaks something. [Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is...