Windows 10: Veracrypt container timestamp won't change

Discus and support Veracrypt container timestamp won't change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A question for VeraCrypt users: Can you get the timestamp on a VeraCrypt container to change? I know there is an option "Preserve modification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pokeefe0001, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Veracrypt container timestamp won't change

A question for VeraCrypt users: Can you get the timestamp on a VeraCrypt container to change? I know there is an option "Preserve modification timestamp of file containers" which is supposed to prevent the timestamp from changing, but I do not have that option enabled. Actually, I've tried it both ways just in case I misunderstood the meaning, but either way the timestamp stays set to when I created the container. That is great for "plausible deniability" for those that want it, but I don't care about plausible deniability. I want the container to be noticed by my backup software when the contents has been changed. Does anybody have this working? BTW, I have a relatively small container defined on a non-system drive, not an encrypted system drive. I know I could take a full drive backup which would obviously back up the VeraCrypt container but I'm taking incremental backups because little usually change on that drive (except for the contents of the VC container).

:)

pokeefe0001, Aug 15, 2017
  2. Tom_WC Win User

scanning old photos

You can certainly change the creation date but isn't it easier to just drag and drop them into the appropriate folder? Changing the creation timestamp won't move the images to a new folder.

Tom_WC, Aug 15, 2017
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

Veracrypt container timestamp won't change

1. Veracrypt container timestamp won't change - Similar Threads - Veracrypt container timestamp

2. Veracrypt automount

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Veracrypt automount: Hey! How do i get veracrypt to automount? i have diffrent passwords, on all my veracrypt drives? 180623
  3. is there any way i can change timestamps on a screenshot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there any way i can change timestamps on a screenshot?: i took a screenshot but i need to edit the timestamp in the properties to a certain time, does anyone know how i can do this. is there any app that can or a windows hidden feature...
  4. Veracrypt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt: Hello, Long time no see I have installed Veracrypt for some time ago! but now it keeps dismounting the drive i have encrypted and i have the following settings: but it keeps dismounting 179135
  5. Timestamp Changes Windows 10

Timestamp Changes Windows 10: I use a server with Windows Server 2012 to store files needed for PCs that we build. Each PC is loaded with our software simply by a copy and paste method. All of the PCs are set to UTC Coordinated Universal Time and the Server is set to PST Pacific Standard Time. When I...
  6. veracrypt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    veracrypt: I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often...
  7. Incorrect timestamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect timestamp: In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-timestamp/5d425490-ecd4-449f-8e5d-fbb5a7bd6a36
  8. Veracrypt alongside "device encryption?"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Veracrypt alongside "device encryption?": Hi everyone, I just got a new laptop running Windows 10 Home and I'm going through all the steps to secure my device and set everything up. I was planning on using VeraCrypt for drive encryption, but noticed that "Device Encryption" is already enabled. I didn't really know...
  9. Filehistory timestamp

Filehistory timestamp: How can I eliminate all but the most recent file in filehistory WITHOUT USING Win10's file history program? My final objective is to end up each of the most recent copy of a file, without the timestamp in a clean folder structure so that I can copy back into my documents...
  10. BitLocker vs VeraCrypt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker vs VeraCrypt?: Hello As far as I understand BitLocker allows only to encrypt entire disk. I need to encrypt my personal files (financial documents, identifications) in fast reliable and flexible way. I was using TrueCrypt in past and it was very convenient - create folder , put there all...