Windows 10: Veracrypt installed, now start-up requires Bitlocker recovery key each and every time

Discus and support Veracrypt installed, now start-up requires Bitlocker recovery key each and every time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Veracrypt as disk encryption on my Dell XPS15 with Windows 10 Home. Now, every time I start it up, I need to enter not only the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hensepens, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Hensepens Win User

Veracrypt installed, now start-up requires Bitlocker recovery key each and every time

Hi, I installed Veracrypt as disk encryption on my Dell XPS15 with Windows 10 Home. Now, every time I start it up, I need to enter not only the encryption key but then I get a blue screen titled "BitLocker recovery" that prompts me to "Enter the recovery key for this drive". I then have to enter the Bitlocker recovery key (according to the screen, "because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed"). But after rebooting several times, it still requires the recovery key.

I found the recovery key online, so I can boot it up, but it is a hassle to have to enter it every time and I want to get rid of that issue. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance

:)

Hensepens, Feb 17, 2019

2. Bitlocker enabled itself after VeraCrypt reboot

Hi, I installed veracrypt on my desktop this morning running windows 10. Everything went perfectly. I then tried installing VeraCrypt on a microsoft surface pro 3 running windows 8.1. After the initial VeraCrypt reboot, I entered my VeraCrypt password
    (which was successful) and then it took me to a bitlocker recovery screen.

I've never touched bitlocker, specifically because I don't trust it. This was the whole reason I installed VeraCrypt. Since I didn't enable it I obviously don't have the recovery key, and after checking my microsoft account, I don't have any recovery keys
    listed there either.

I was able to remove the VeraCrypt Prompt (after booting the USB that cointained the EFI folder) because VeraCrypt hadn't actually encrypted the drive yet, it was a simple restart to test the password prompt. For whatever reason, this enabled BitLocker
    and I'm pretty sure I'm completely screwed. No system restore points visible, can't boot into safe mode, no advanced recovery options working.

really_screwed, Feb 17, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Veracrypt installed, now start-up requires Bitlocker recovery key each and every time

Xylee Del, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Veracrypt installed, now start-up requires Bitlocker recovery key each and every time - Similar Threads - Veracrypt installed start

2. Recovery key now required after each boot.... lot of typing....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key now required after each boot.... lot of typing....: I restored my C: drive using an Acronis backup, which apparently went well. But now every time I boot the other internal drive requires me to enter the recovery key. Both are encrypted with BitLocker. This is Windows Home, and there is no BitLocker app in settings. Typing the...
  3. Recovery key now required after each boot.... lot of typing....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key now required after each boot.... lot of typing....: I restored my C: drive using an Acronis backup, which apparently went well. But now every time I boot the other internal drive requires me to enter the recovery key. Both are encrypted with BitLocker. This is Windows Home, and there is no BitLocker app in settings. Typing the...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is required every time i turn on HP Envy 360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is required every time i turn on HP Envy 360: Every time i shut down/ turn off my HP Envy 360, i am required to re-enter my Bitlocker recovery key.It has been happening since i had my laptop returned to me after being repaired about 2 weeks ago.Doe any one know how to stop my laptop needing it just to log in?Thank you...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is required every time i turn on HP Envy 360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is required every time i turn on HP Envy 360: Every time i shut down/ turn off my HP Envy 360, i am required to re-enter my Bitlocker recovery key.It has been happening since i had my laptop returned to me after being repaired about 2 weeks ago.Doe any one know how to stop my laptop needing it just to log in?Thank you...
  6. BitLocker recovery key required

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker recovery key required: I bought my son a 2017 Dell Laptop for college. He was just using it and accidentally hit some F button and it is now asking for this key that we have never setup or he does not have an outlook.com account. He has all his data on the hard drive. He needs to get on his...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key required for windows starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key required for windows starting: Hi, My system is not getting started and when i go to trouble shoot, it shows me 'Startup repair'. On clicking this option, it asks me to enter 48 digit bitlocker recovery key. I tried getting this recovery key from my registered Microsoft email account, but when i enter...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery key on start up and unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery key on start up and unavailable: I have a Dell inspiron 15, I was working on a major assignment that I didnt entirely back up, so I saved it directly on my computer and at the same time My Dell charger was not working, so I tried to plug it out and replug it a few times, then my computer seemed to see it...
  9. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker requires key on every reboot: Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a restart. Upon restarting bitlocker asked for a key. I didn't know what bitlocker was. I was able to find my key and get into...
  10. Bitlocker asking for recovery key on every startup after encrypting the drive using VeraCrypt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker asking for recovery key on every startup after encrypting the drive using VeraCrypt: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked already, but here it is: Since I've encrypted my system disk on my tablet with veracrypt, bitlocker is asking it's recovery key each time on boot because (what the error message says in eventviewer) it can't contact the TPM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker vs veracrypt

2. veracrypt bitlocker recovery

3. dell computer making me enter key each time i open