Windows 10: veracrypt

Discus and support veracrypt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JerryParrish1, Dec 31, 2020.

1. veracrypt

I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often less than 0.3MB per sec. The first time I did this with the same sized file it took 5-6 hours. Now it is taking days after the latest windows updates. Any suggestions as to how to speed up the process? Or as to any possible solutions?

:)

JerryParrish1, Dec 31, 2020

2. veracrypt data lost

VeraCrypt is not a Microsoft Product.

I suggest that you contact a support community for developers of that program.

VeraCrypt - Wikipedia

Bill Smithers, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Bitlocker enabled itself after VeraCrypt reboot

Hi, I installed veracrypt on my desktop this morning running windows 10. Everything went perfectly. I then tried installing VeraCrypt on a microsoft surface pro 3 running windows 8.1. After the initial VeraCrypt reboot, I entered my VeraCrypt password
    (which was successful) and then it took me to a bitlocker recovery screen.

I've never touched bitlocker, specifically because I don't trust it. This was the whole reason I installed VeraCrypt. Since I didn't enable it I obviously don't have the recovery key, and after checking my microsoft account, I don't have any recovery keys
    listed there either.

I was able to remove the VeraCrypt Prompt (after booting the USB that cointained the EFI folder) because VeraCrypt hadn't actually encrypted the drive yet, it was a simple restart to test the password prompt. For whatever reason, this enabled BitLocker
    and I'm pretty sure I'm completely screwed. No system restore points visible, can't boot into safe mode, no advanced recovery options working.

really_screwed, Dec 31, 2020
  4. veracrypt

veracrypt data lost

I mounted a folder on veracrypt for encryption. However, when I switched on the computer after after two days , I found the folder missing and no longer fetchable through veracrypt, Kindly advise how to recover the lost folder.

arvinddimri, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

veracrypt

1. veracrypt - Similar Threads - veracrypt

2. OneDrive doesnt sync VeraCrypt file or KeePassXC Database untill restart PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doesnt sync VeraCrypt file or KeePassXC Database untill restart PC: How can i sync VeraCrypt file or KeePassXC Database without restart PC?Modification date is changing on close file but OneDrive doesnt sync those filesI coudn't find section OneDrive sorry if wrong place for this....
  3. OneDrive doesnt sync VeraCrypt file or KeePassXC Database untill restart PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doesnt sync VeraCrypt file or KeePassXC Database untill restart PC: How can i sync VeraCrypt file or KeePassXC Database without restart PC?Modification date is changing on close file but OneDrive doesnt sync those filesI coudn't find section OneDrive sorry if wrong place for this....
  4. Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt: Hi, I updated from win 10 to 11 and did it with a clean install. Created a usb setup with creation tool. Sadly having a performance problem when accessing to my Nas or mounted veracrypt volume. When browsing through files on my Nas via smb with pressing arrow down, each...
  5. Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt

Win11 clean install - Explorer laggy on Nas and veracrypt: Hi, I updated from win 10 to 11 and did it with a clean install. Created a usb setup with creation tool. Sadly having a performance problem when accessing to my Nas or mounted veracrypt volume. When browsing through files on my Nas via smb with pressing arrow down, each...
  6. Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command: Hello,I'm writing here after seeing another thread where this is already commented:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery-after-diskpart-clean/56428538-73ce-439a-8c24-543853e4db54I was trying to get in contact with Greg Carmack who seems to be...
  7. Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command

Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command: Hello,I'm writing here after seeing another thread where this is already commented:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery-after-diskpart-clean/56428538-73ce-439a-8c24-543853e4db54I was trying to get in contact with Greg Carmack who seems to be...
  8. Restore VeraCrypt Partition after DiskPart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Fix the VeraCrypt "Automatic Repair" issue on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Fix the VeraCrypt "Automatic Repair" issue on Windows: VeraCrypt is a popular open source encryption tool that may be used to encrypt files, create encrypted containers, encrypt entire hard drives and partitions, and even the system partition. Encryption of the system partition adds a bootloader to the system which loads...
  10. Veracrypt vs Bitlocker Formatting drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt vs Bitlocker Formatting drive?: I have a new drive, it's for storage only, can I simply use quick format with Veracrypt? Bitlocker has the option to encrypt as you put data on the drive, instead of encrypting the whole drive first, is that not similar to quick format? Encrypt the entire drive, or to not...