Windows 10: Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana

Discus and support Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get audio responding from Cortana? So far I only get text. Second, is there a way to direct search other than using Bing or is this a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RRudell, Mar 30, 2019.

1. RRudell Win User

Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana

How do I get audio responding from Cortana? So far I only get text. Second, is there a way to direct search other than using Bing or is this a proprietary program (Bing is part of Windows as is Cortana)?

:)

RRudell, Mar 30, 2019

2. No response from Cortana

Hello Edward,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps in this article
    to troubleshoot issues with Cortana.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 30, 2019
  3. ericnay Win User
    Does Cortana Not Speak Verbally like Siri?

I think Microsoft is missing the point here. I have "Hey Cortana" setup and working, but her responses to me always come back as text or a web page loaded. I would prefer her to talk back to me. Technically things are working, but it seems like Microsoft
    has not enabled Cortana to respond verbally for much of anything yet.

ericnay, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana

Cortana; no audio

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Did you check if Mic works fine using another application?

Cortana speaks only when activated via voice. If you are using the keyboard to input your questions, then you will not be able to hear the response from Cortana instead it will be displayed.

I suggest you to update the audio drivers and check if it works.

Also please try and interact with Cortana and ask two simple questions and check if she replies:

• Ask "Play some music"
    • Ask "What's the weather"
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana

1. Verbal or Audio Response from Cortana - Similar Threads - Verbal Audio Response

2. An alarming response from a consultant.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An alarming response from a consultant.: Hello. Not long ago, I wrote on the forum about a problem with the activator of pirated applications, in which I did not know what to do. I was answered by an "independent consultant" who said that I had a virus on my computer and in general, in order to fix everything, I...
  3. How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?

in Cortana
    How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?: Cortana pops up often when I'm watching TV or just when there are noises in the room., How can I prevent these false activations?There are many web pages that talk about training Cortana, but none of the things described exist on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro 9043.1288...
  4. no response from troubleshooters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no response from troubleshooters: None of the troubleshooters will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-response-from-troubleshooters/c0b0d075-ad89-4c0f-8ea9-db5747d877cd
  5. Cortana only responses "I didn't get that'

in Cortana
    Cortana only responses "I didn't get that': This is my first time to use Cortana,. I changed the region and language before this happened, from Chinese to English and China to the united states. Though I didn't know if it worked well before I changed the settings, Cortana does not work now, only saying "I didn't get...
  6. Verbal warning that computer is locked

Verbal warning that computer is locked: every time i open my laptop an audio message says that the registration has been locked and not to close or restart the computer. It says to call Microsoft support but does not provide a phone number. Is this legit?...
  7. verbal message

verbal message: I get the message that my computer has virus...do not turn off.. I cannot close that page so I have to turn off the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/verbal-message/4878cd18-9496-4d78-a9d2-4ec8e85ef491
  8. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana: Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error. Can...
  9. "Hey Cortana" non responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Hey Cortana" non responsive: Hi, I have set up Cortana and she is working well except for the "Hey Cortana". When I say it nothing happens. isn't she supposed to wake up and activate? When I first installed Windows 10 this function worked, albeit not 100% successful. But now it doesn't work at all. All...
  10. Verbal Reminder

in Windows 10 Support
    Verbal Reminder: Is there any way to set Cortana to give a verbal reminder? As of now when you ask Cortana to set up a reminder a visual reminder comes from the right side of the screen. That's cool but if you are not sitting at the computer, you will miss the reminder until you press a key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I prefer you to give me a verbal audio response