Windows 10: Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files??

Discus and support Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files?? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have tried hard to like OneDrive but its issues on small insignificant tasks leave me wondering if it is business-class for backing up a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cognus, Apr 27, 2020.

1. cognus Win User

Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files??

I have tried hard to like OneDrive but its issues on small insignificant tasks leave me wondering if it is business-class for backing up a Windows 10 office system user files??

Anyone here ever had a hard crash and needed to reconstruct using OneDrive AUTOMATICALLY-backed up data?
    Is the backup process "silent" and trouble free for the user?
    Again, is it simply reliable, both ways; that is it faithfully backs up all the originally-assigned data and the differential data on at least a daily basis, readily-accessible and accurate? [Competitive at least with Carbonite, as example]
    Can it be done without the need to create special local folders or volumes that will confuse the user?
    Can it work effectively with 3rd party software backup apps like Macrium Reflect? And if so, is it fast enough to get done without dragging the local system? [my observations yesterday might indicate a "NO, Not at any local speed/bandwidth" In other words, on a relatively fast ISP the backup uploads seem creepy slow, but I would prefer slow and Accurate to fast and risky]

thanks for opinions. not sure I yet trust onedrive enough to recommend to non-tech real people.

C

:)

cognus, Apr 27, 2020
  2. cognus Win User

I have tried hard to like OneDrive but its issues on small insignificant tasks leave me wondering if it is business-class for backing up a Windows 10 office system user files??

Anyone here ever had a hard crash and needed to reconstruct using OneDrive AUTOMATICALLY-backed up data?
    Is the backup process "silent" and trouble free for the user?
    Again, is it simply reliable, both ways; that is it faithfully backs up all the originally-assigned data and the differential data on at least a daily basis, readily-accessible and accurate? [Competitive at least with Carbonite, as example]
    Can it be done without the need to create special local folders or volumes that will confuse the user?
    Can it work effectively with 3rd party software backup apps like Macrium Reflect? And if so, is it fast enough to get done without dragging the local system? [my observations yesterday might indicate a "NO, Not at any local speed/bandwidth" In other words, on a relatively fast ISP the backup uploads seem creepy slow, but I would prefer slow and Accurate to fast and risky]

thanks for opinions. not sure I yet trust onedrive enough to recommend to non-tech real people.

C

cognus, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files??

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files?? - Similar Threads - Verdict OneDrive Backup

2. Windows 10 update deletes all user data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update deletes all user data: Good DayWe have this issue where some windows 10 computers do an automatic update and then deletes all the user data, some software remains, but they do not work, why is this happening, this has happened over 10 times in the last 6 months, any advise?Kind Regards...
  3. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  4. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  5. File Backup to Onedrive

File Backup to Onedrive: I see Windows has backup to Onedrive, but I don't see a scheduler. Is there a built in scheduler for Windows Backup? Thanks, Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-backup-to-onedrive/6023d0f3-2678-4b7b-a10f-af70ed7ad592
  6. lost all user data in windows 10 20h2

lost all user data in windows 10 20h2: please some one help me to recover the user data for the windows 10 pc,i currently updated to 20h2 version ,it seems working good for some days but when i switched on my pc today i lost everything...
  7. Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup

Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup: Getting below error while deleting windows data file backup period. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Manage Space > View Backups > select backup period > Delete "Not all files and directories were deleted. First Failed file is \\?\Volume{...
  8. Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files??

in Windows 10 Support
    Verdict on OneDrive as Backup for all Windows 10 User Data files??: I have tried hard to like OneDrive but its issues on small insignificant tasks leave me wondering if it is business-class for backing up a Windows 10 office system user files?? Anyone here ever had a hard crash and needed to reconstruct using OneDrive AUTOMATICALLY-backed...
  9. OneDrive & Erasing All Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & Erasing All Data: I'm planning on erasing all data here sometime soon, all my important files are stored in the OneDrive folder. If I'm am to purposely erase everything, will that include the erasing OneDrive data on Windows 10? I just don't want to make an accidental mistake and not have...
  10. OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users: I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program and returns to it.Does anyone have any help? ***Original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. verdict 10.0 backup