Windows 10: Verification code sent to wrong number

Discus and support Verification code sent to wrong number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally added new security code and got to wait for 30 days, I tried to change back my security code but the verification code was sent to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jy_wong04, Oct 11, 2021.

1. jy_wong04 Win User

Verification code sent to wrong number

I accidentally added new security code and got to wait for 30 days, I tried to change back my security code but the verification code was sent to my old phone number , and there was no other verification options , please help, I really need to see my recovery key as soon as possible but can't due to the security code issue.

:)

jy_wong04, Oct 11, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Receiving wrong verification code to verify email

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a wrong verification code for email verification, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to assist you further:

• Where exactly do you get the prompt/notification to verify the email address?
    • How are you trying to verify the email?

However, you can try using other options to request the verification code i.e. requesting the code over a call or as a text to your phone number and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

For more information on troubleshooting verification codes, you can refer the section
    Troubleshooting verification code issues in the article

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Chr_Le Win User
    INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

I switched from windows Phone to Android and am trying to install the Authenticator. Please note that

• this worked no sweat on the windows phone
    • The phone number has NOT changed.
    At a given point, the initiation procedure asks for

• a verification code to be sent to the phone
    • or enter the code from authenticator (fun garanteed when you're trying to install this thing)
    However, the code never arrives to this phone.

And at the "category" section below, this issue doesn't fit anything (there's no "security" item).

I'd appreciate any help, and there's a call number on this that has been closed despite my protest. Can someone get in touch with me ont this, PLEASE!

Chr_Le, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Verification code sent to wrong number

INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

comment instaler une application android sur un pc window

wonblegnonkoulade, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Verification code sent to wrong number

1. Verification code sent to wrong number - Similar Threads - Verification code sent

2. The verification code sent to my email is always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The verification code sent to my email is always wrong: I have tried several times during the past few months. I need to update my account info; But whenever I get an email with a 7-digit verification code, the website says that it is wrong. I live in Iran and my account region is also set to that, so I suppose that shouldn't be...
  3. The verification code sent to my email is always wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The verification code sent to my email is always wrong: I have tried several times during the past few months. I need to update my account info; But whenever I get an email with a 7-digit verification code, the website says that it is wrong. I live in Iran and my account region is also set to that, so I suppose that shouldn't be...
  4. The verification code sent to my email is always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong phone number verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong phone number verification: I had to get a new phone with a new number and can’t access my school blackboard account because the verification is always the old number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-phone-number-verification/14394ecf-d384-4a75-bd3a-c8a25b1d44a4
  6. Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number: Hallo I'm from Indonesia. I did not get a verification code to my mobile number, even though the number is correct. I tried to contact the Microsoft Indonesia service center but it always doesn't work.So, my windows laptop has a problem, automatic repairing, then when I try...
  7. Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number

Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number: Hallo I'm from Indonesia. I did not get a verification code to my mobile number, even though the number is correct. I tried to contact the Microsoft Indonesia service center but it always doesn't work.So, my windows laptop has a problem, automatic repairing, then when I try...
  8. Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Verification code sent to wrong number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification code sent to wrong number: I accidentally added new security code and got to wait for 30 days, I tried to change back my security code but the verification code was sent to my old phone number , and there was no other verification options , please help, I really need to see my recovery key as soon as...
  10. Verification code sent to wrong number

Verification code sent to wrong number: I accidentally added new security code and got to wait for 30 days, I tried to change back my security code but the verification code was sent to my old phone number , and there was no other verification options , please help, I really need to see my recovery key as soon as...