Windows 10: Verification of Full/OEM Windows?

Discus and support Verification of Full/OEM Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop that was built for me from a family member, but I am thinking about buying a new cpu/motherboard. He doesn't remember if the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jdms8911, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jdms8911 Win User

Verification of Full/OEM Windows?

I have a desktop that was built for me from a family member, but I am thinking about buying a new cpu/motherboard. He doesn't remember if the Windows he installed is considered the "Full" or "OEM/System builder" version. Is there a convenient way of verifying that the product key that I have is a full version?
    Thank you.

:)

jdms8911, Mar 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 license transfer

I understand that, but nowhere does it say if the download version in that link is an OEM version. A few people in the comments on Amazon say it's the full version, but I just wanted verification.

BdubReppin, Mar 21, 2016
  3. MoisCohen Win User
    Activate Windows watermark keeps popping up.

Buy a windows verification code for $100 is from microsoft store or buy an oem code.

MoisCohen, Mar 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2016
  5. jdms8911 Win User
    jdms8911, Mar 21, 2016
  6. jdms8911 Win User
    jdms8911, Mar 21, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    That shows a RETAIL KEY, meaning you can transfer it to another computer, or use it when you change your MB on the computer you have now. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 21, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Write that Key down on paper and SAVE it!! You may need to let MS know that information when you upgrade the MB.

OldMike65, Mar 21, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. Professional Retail would be considered full version. You probably won't ever use it again, but if you click on the product keys on Showkey, it will XXXX them out for you before you post, and the Product ID is a standard number that does not need blanked out.

So - you can activate Windows 10 on the new motherboard by going to the activation screen and clicking change product key and enter the Windows 8 product key. However, sometimes the result comes back and says the product key is in use on another computer. If that happens, the only way to activate Windows on the new computer is to install the original OS the product key is for (Windows 8), activate that OS over the phone, then go back and activate Windows 10.

Also, that Windows 8 product key is NOT stored in bios (nor will it be on the new motherboard), so make sure to write it down!

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2016
  10. jdms8911 Win User
    Thank you so much NavyLCDR and OldMike65... *Smile

jdms8911, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Verification of Full/OEM Windows? - Similar Threads - Verification Full OEM

2. How to tell if my license is OEM or full ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to tell if my license is OEM or full ?: A few years back, I purchased a WIN 8 Pro license to grade my Dell laptop from WIN7 home to WIN 8 pro. Since WIN7 home came with the laptop, it was probably an OEM license. I want to retire the old Dell laptop. If my understanding is correct, I can move my WIN8 pro to my new...
  3. Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM

Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM: I am looking to build a new pc and use windows 10. But the only place I feel safe buying keys is the Microsoft store. So when I buy and build my pc, I want to buy a key from the Microsoft store. But are the keys from Microsoft store full or are they OEM cause I plan on...
  4. verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verification: hello ! i used to have a live email years ago that i used to sign in on instagram. But unfortunately i don’t have access to it anymore and instagram wants to verify that it’s me. i tried to recover my email but they told me that it’s blocked because i tried to many wrong...
  5. Windows 10 product or OEM that can do both upgrade and full installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product or OEM that can do both upgrade and full installs: If someone has a manufacturer product number for either a DVD or USB Windows 10 Pro version that can do both the upgrade and full install of Windows 10 Pro that would be great. I can then use the mfr# to search out the product on our vendors site to see if they have it for...
  6. OEM windows

OEM windows: I wanted to ask as of 2019 is it still possible to use OEM windows on a PC am building for myself ? Is it legal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-windows/6cedc233-1ec4-4e10-88e8-8be4143075ee"
  7. verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    verification: thumbprint 419e77aed546ala6cf4dc23c1f977542fee89cf7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification/59e183ab-8029-415c-b270-87dc57e2ef93"
  8. Can I get the full version, not OEM, of Windows 10 Pro on a disc?

Can I get the full version, not OEM, of Windows 10 Pro on a disc?: Can I get the full version, not OEM, of Windows 10 Pro on a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-the-full-version-not-oem-of-windows-10/c3888740-4ba5-4e11-bfeb-6b39b7280401
  9. Verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verification: How can I verify if a call came from Microsoft Technical Department or not? How can I verify if I am talking to a Microsoft technician? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification/697fb071-b865-4976-b08f-362f252676c8"
  10. Windows 10 Pro Full Install OEM download

Windows 10 Pro Full Install OEM download: Purchased digital download with product code key. Received product key. Download link does not appear to be working. How can I download a copy of Windows 10 Pro Full Install OEM version? Was at site to download digital copy but a product key is required. Now, I can't find it....