Windows 10: Verification of Microsoft Account

Discus and support Verification of Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have received notification to verify my MSN account twice in the past 4-6 weeks. Did so without any issues. Is this normal or should I be concerned... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pericles, Oct 19, 2019.

1. pericles Win User

Verification of Microsoft Account

I have received notification to verify my MSN account twice in the past 4-6 weeks. Did so without any issues.

Is this normal or should I be concerned about the account being compromised ?

Thanks !

:)

pericles, Oct 19, 2019

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Oct 19, 2019
  3. microsoft account verification

Hi Cis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The issue could be due to some suspicious activity on the computer. I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link and see if that helps.

About two-step verification

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Verification of Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Verification Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft account verification issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account verification issue: I forgot my windows pin and I'm trying to change but when it comes to Microsoft account verification whenever I enter and otp it says "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again". I have tried many browsers, cleared cache and cookies and used incognito but nothing...
  3. Microsoft account verification issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account verification issue: I forgot my windows pin and I'm trying to change but when it comes to Microsoft account verification whenever I enter and otp it says "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again". I have tried many browsers, cleared cache and cookies and used incognito but nothing...
  4. Account Verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Verification: Hello all,I wonder if someone could help me. I am frequently being asked by Windows to verify my settings for Hotmail and the Windows sharing experience. Basically all I am having to do is just input my pin number for Windows then get notified that the issue is fixed. It...
  5. Microsoft Account Verification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Verification: Good Day:Running Windows 10, 64bit desktop current with all updates. When I start the computer up, I login with a 4 digit pin and that works fine. However, the other day I opened the Microsoft Solitaire Collection to play a game and it wouldn't log me in. When I tried to...
  6. Account verification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account verification: Just bought a new HP computer. When I tell it to send a security code, it never arrives. E-mail account is current and active. I can verify my on-line account but not on the computer. Help!...
  7. Account verification

Account verification: I don't have a cell phone. Is there some other way to verify my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-verification/6b4df54f-b26f-40b5-a789-192f024d0b3c
  8. Verification code to access Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verification code to access Microsoft account: I accidentally logged back without thinking this and I tried to log back in but it didn't work because I try to log in the code again by using my email it didn't work so I had two numbers and I tried both of them and neither of them worked what do I do ***Modified title...
  9. Microsoft account verification

Microsoft account verification: My Current verification email address no longer exists, so I have change the verification process to my mobile phone number. This apparently will only last 30 days. I would like my mobile phone number to be my permanent verification. Please can you tell me how to enact this....
  10. Microsoft Community Account Verification?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Community Account Verification?: Hello, Whenever I have made a Microsoft Community account, there is always a period of time after I sign up that my replies will not go through and the "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again." error will come up. Is my account going through some type of verification?...