Windows 10: Verification

Discus and support Verification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I verify if a call came from Microsoft Technical Department or not? How can I verify if I am talking to a Microsoft technician?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 7316, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 7316 Win User

Verification

How can I verify if a call came from Microsoft Technical Department or not?

How can I verify if I am talking to a Microsoft technician?

:)

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Verification

microsoft account verification

Hi Cis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The issue could be due to some suspicious activity on the computer. I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link and see if that helps.

About two-step verification

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Verification

1. Verification - Similar Threads - Verification

2. System identity verification failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System identity verification failure: Greetings,Actually, someone tried to log in my account who i don't know and the security system of microsoft does his job by blocking the user who tried access my account. Then what happened was, i received an email and hours later, i was ask to verify my identity. That...
  3. Account Verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Verification: Hello all,I wonder if someone could help me. I am frequently being asked by Windows to verify my settings for Hotmail and the Windows sharing experience. Basically all I am having to do is just input my pin number for Windows then get notified that the issue is fixed. It...
  4. Locked out of two-factor security verification because my phone is a landline which cannot...

Locked out of two-factor security verification because my phone is a landline which cannot...: I am not able to cancel a temporary security change that I made to my Microsoft account while travelling because my 2nd factor id is my landline phone and the only option for completing a security change is to have a text message sent to my phone to receive a code for id...
  5. admin rights verification

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin rights verification: Hello! in linux if UID/GID = 0 it means that the user has root privileges. Is there an equivalent to this in windows like the SID to check it? otherwise is there a way to do it through windows event or windows logs?Thank you in advance for your help.Cheers!...
  6. i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do?

i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do?: I cannot get a verification code to change Microsoft password. I requested it too many times and was told to wait 24 hours to try again. I waited 36 hours and still cannot get a code...
  7. Fix Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure on Windows 11/10: [IMG]While installing an Adobe product, if you are getting Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure error message, here is how you can fix the issue within moments. There are mainly two reasons you may get this problem on your computer, and both are mentioned here with...
  8. unable to receive verification codes

unable to receive verification codes: i can not receive any codes with my mobile phone, even though it is working properly. what am i suppose to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-receive-verification-codes/24134097-2c90-487c-b406-19c2a91f2623
  9. Microsoft verification Code NOT being sent

Microsoft verification Code NOT being sent: Its been a week and I am not receiving verification codes from Microsoft in order for me to reset my password.And yes I have checked through all the trouble shooting steps at Microsoft account security info & verification codesMy email address has not changed, the cell number...
  10. 2 step verification fail. Deleted cookies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 step verification fail. Deleted cookies: Hi AllNew to this "community"thing so hope i respond accurately to answers.Recently raveleed to the UK, and had to use a hotel provider fr the internet. As a precaution when i left i deleted history and cookies etc as I was not sure how safe the network was.However, now I...