Windows 10: Verify file location

Discus and support Verify file location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I go to make a new folder, for example, on my desktop or inside another folder, it says "This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelissaHesselman, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Verify file location

Whenever I go to make a new folder, for example, on my desktop or inside another folder, it says "This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify the items location and try again. It even says tis when I try to delete some things.

:)

MelissaHesselman, Dec 27, 2018

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2018
  3. How can I change a location in Maps on Windows 10?

Hello Peter,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to know how to remove the location that you already saved and verify the result.

• Go to Start Menu.

• Select Settings
      and click on Privacy.

• Select Location and clear the Location History.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Duhjojer Win User

Verify file location

Cannot delete file::: verify location error

Hi guys

im trying to clone some game files for a game console using hex editor and I messed a few files up in the process and now I can't delete them. I can delete what's in the folder just not the folder. The error it gives me is that it cannot verify the files
    location and tells me to verify the location before I can delete it.

Any one know how to fix that?

Duhjojer, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Verify file location

1. Verify file location - Similar Threads - Verify file location

2. this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...: its ridiculous how difficult it is to get support...I have a user who's receiving the above error and i've been unable to fix it. I deleted the downloads folder, rebooted, recreated it but nothing has worked. I know others have had this issue, can someone from Microsoft shoot...
  3. this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...: its ridiculous how difficult it is to get support...I have a user who's receiving the above error and i've been unable to fix it. I deleted the downloads folder, rebooted, recreated it but nothing has worked. I know others have had this issue, can someone from Microsoft shoot...
  4. this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. verifying my location

in Windows 10 Customization
    verifying my location: cant verify my location with geo something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verifying-my-location/78e3d521-1391-44b8-a2ee-188061a3ce6d
  6. This is no longer located in C:\ Verify the item's location and try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This is no longer located in C:\ Verify the item's location and try again.: [ATTACH] I recently used a software to get back some files which I accidentally deleted in the recycle bin. So, after getting back the files I need, noticed this file located in the C: I tried to rename, move, delete but it displays this error. I use Windows 10 Home....
  7. Verify the integrity of these files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify the integrity of these files: Hello, I was sent an .iso file by our co-worker to install on a computer. I've got the file by e-mail. The .iso file is for Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC Version 1809 Nov 2018 x64 - DVD Russian from the MSDN downloads page, the file's name is...
  8. “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is...: I'm trying to install Haste, but I keep getting “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable.” I've tried the restart explorer option but nothing changes. Are there any fixes to this? submitted by /u/Potahtoboy666 [link]...
  9. "Could not find this item This is no longer located in Verify the item’s location and try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Could not find this item This is no longer located in Verify the item’s location and try...: Hi guys, so I've been having trouble with deleting two folders that give me the same message. I've watched so many videos on fixes and still no luck, I think my issue is when i try and get the proper location of my folder it doesn't specify the folder name so when I'm in the...
  10. Verify the integrity of these files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify the integrity of these files: Hello, I was sent an .iso file by our co-worker to install on a computer. I've got the file by e-mail. The .iso file is for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (x64) - DVD (English) from the MSDN downloads page, the file's name is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. verify file location

2. verify the location file windows 10

3. verify file location windows 10

4. delete file this is no longer located in,
  5. verify the files location