Windows 10: Verify "fix" for Flash issue with Adobe Presenter in PowerPoint

Discus and support Verify "fix" for Flash issue with Adobe Presenter in PowerPoint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Issue: When an attempt is made to publish or even preview a Presenter file, the following pop-up window appears: "Adobe Presenter" You will nee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rikbryant, Jul 27, 2020.

1. rikbryant Win User

Verify "fix" for Flash issue with Adobe Presenter in PowerPoint

Issue: When an attempt is made to publish or even preview a Presenter file, the following pop-up window appears:

"Adobe Presenter"

You will nee to upgrade Adobe FLash Player before using this option.

Press OK to install the latest payer, or Cancel to return to your presentation.

Clicking on Ok brings the user to this location at the Adobe web site, with instructions on Enabling Flash Player and Disabling ActiveX if Running.

Following the Internet Explorer setting adjustments identified did not resolve the issue; therefore, I contacted Adobe Support.

Upon contacting Adobe Support, I was advised it is a registry issue. They provided the three files that I was advised will resolve the issue; however, they must be run by someone with Administrator privileges, which I do not have.

The three files are:

EnableFlash.reg

EnableShockwave.reg

EnableSilverLight.reg

Before I can approach my Tech Support with this solution I need to verify:

1. These three files will enable me to use Adobe Presenter with PowerPoint Office 365 on a Windows 10 machine

2. The proper steps to advise my Tech Support personnel so this is done correctly.

Thank You!

:)

rikbryant, Jul 27, 2020

2. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

I was hoping that by downloading the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store, that I would be able to use it to setup assigned access on a Windows 10 computer and display a powerpoint presentation. Our issues is, we need this to be a Kiosk that no-one can
    close out the presentation. Powerpoint allows you to turn most functions off, but you can still access the ease of access toolbar, and can also close the presentation out. When I go to assigned access though, Powerpoint Mobile does not appear in the list of
    Apps. I have downloaded other Supposed PowerPoint Presenters, but none of them show up in the list either.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this! I do not understand how to setup the Power Shell code to set this up, too technical for me. But I really need this as Kiosk computer. Any suggestion?

Drew Patterson, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 27, 2020
  4. tb905 Win User

Microsoft wireless display adapter + Lumia 950: Powerpoint Presention issue

Hi,

I just got an Microsoft wireless display adapter and connected it to my Lumia 950 Dual SIM (Version 1511, Build 10.0.10586.29). I also did the Firmware-Update at the Microsoft wireless display adapter using the app provided in the store (now v1.3.8305 is
    active). I got a problem showing a Powerpoint presentation.

Steps:

• Connect to Microsoft wireless display adapter
    • Start Powerpoint at the "big sceen" where the Microsoft wireless display adapter is connected to
    • Select the first non-empty Powerpoint Tempplate ("Eine Tour unternehmen" it is called at my german phone)
    • Click start Presentation
    • Now the dark-orange background and the text is not shown. The background is just black. Only the Powerpoint-Logo is visible in white. On each of the following slides this problem remains.

Best Regards

tb905, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Verify "fix" for Flash issue with Adobe Presenter in PowerPoint - Similar Threads - Verify fix Flash

2. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  3. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  4. ms PowerPoint presentation printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms PowerPoint presentation printing: hello sir / madamwhile taking a print of my ppt some text are missing why? what may be the reason? but in pdf it is showing every line? kindly give me a solution...
  5. ms PowerPoint presentation printing

ms PowerPoint presentation printing: hello sir / madamwhile taking a print of my ppt some text are missing why? what may be the reason? but in pdf it is showing every line? kindly give me a solution...
  6. PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors: Hello,I have a requirement where I need to open the PowerPoint file from today using task scheduler on the two different monitors in short make the process dynamic instead of opening those files everyday manually.So is there a way for either open two ppts in separate monitors...
  7. 3D Powerpoint presentations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3D Powerpoint presentations: I am loving the new 3D powerpoint presentations, however, I am not loving the following issue. I have the latest version of office 365, a brand new Surface Pro with the latest version of Windows 10, but when I save any 3D presentation it says some of the items might not be...
  8. To know about powerpoint presentation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To know about powerpoint presentation.: sir, please help me to do my presentation . Don't know how to do a power point presentation in windows 10 software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-know-about-powerpoint-presentation/3bcf1396-8025-49a3-a686-28927336151a"
  9. Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie: To answer "why".....the original presentation was done on a Mac and runs just fine on that computer. I would have left it alone were it mine, but........This is going to be displayed on an Intel Stick (connected to a TV) which does not have Power Point. The Power Point viewer...
  10. WARNING! Adobe Flash Security Issue

WARNING! Adobe Flash Security Issue: After latest Flash update (27.0.0.130), deleting Firefox cookies affects/resets Flash Global Settings (Control Panel->Flash Player 32bit), without warning. That means, if you had those settings to "Block...", after cookies deletion, you're going to see its default settings...