Windows 10: Verify identity asks me to confirm backup email instead of sending verification code

Discus and support Verify identity asks me to confirm backup email instead of sending verification code in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Microsoft account wants me to verify my identity by sending a verification code to my backup email. Fine. Send the code, I'll access the backup... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ulysses3i, Aug 5, 2019.

1. ulysses3i Win User

Verify identity asks me to confirm backup email instead of sending verification code

My Microsoft account wants me to verify my identity by sending a verification code to my backup email.

Fine. Send the code, I'll access the backup email and get the code

But no, instead it asks me to enter my backup email. Why? This is phishing for information.

Microsoft already knows my backup email. I know it. Why won't it just email the verification code?

:)

ulysses3i, Aug 5, 2019

2. Verify Identity. Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...fy-an-email-address-in-your-microsoft-account

How to verify an email address in your Microsoft account

When you use another email address with your Microsoft account, you get a link in an email. Follow the link in that email to verify that email address. If you need a new verification email:

If you want to go for verification through the phone, you need to type the code that you receive on the verification page. As soon as you type the phone number and click 'send code', the next page will ask for that code.

steven crooks, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Receiving wrong verification code to verify email

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a wrong verification code for email verification, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to assist you further:

• Where exactly do you get the prompt/notification to verify the email address?
    • How are you trying to verify the email?

However, you can try using other options to request the verification code i.e. requesting the code over a call or as a text to your phone number and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

For more information on troubleshooting verification codes, you can refer the section
    Troubleshooting verification code issues in the article

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Verify identity asks me to confirm backup email instead of sending verification code

Installing Windows asked to verify identity fails

I am installing Windows 10 to replace Windows 7 on my daughter's laptop. I am being asked to verify identity, but it's not sending a code to the email address.

KenCrookes, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Verify identity asks me to confirm backup email instead of sending verification code

1. Verify identity asks me to confirm backup email instead of sending verification code - Similar Threads - Verify identity asks

2. Can't verify my identity, because it sends code to a random email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't verify my identity, because it sends code to a random email.: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account, but it want's me to verify my account. But the only option to verify is by sending an email to a random email account I've never seen before. I use gmail to log in with so I have no idea why my gmail isn't one, if not the only...
  3. Can't verify my identity, because it sends code to a random email.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't verify my identity, because it sends code to a random email.: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account, but it want's me to verify my account. But the only option to verify is by sending an email to a random email account I've never seen before. I use gmail to log in with so I have no idea why my gmail isn't one, if not the only...
  4. Can't verify my identity, because it sends code to a random email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  6. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  7. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won't send me verification code emails: Hello,When I ask for Microsoft to send me an email with the code I need to input to verify it's me, the email just won't arrive.It happens wether I want to sign in on microsoft.com or Xbox, or when I want to change my password or other information on my account.I was locked...
  8. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

Microsoft won't send me verification code emails: Hello,When I ask for Microsoft to send me an email with the code I need to input to verify it's me, the email just won't arrive.It happens wether I want to sign in on microsoft.com or Xbox, or when I want to change my password or other information on my account.I was locked...
  9. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

10. MICROSOFT WON'T SEND ME A VERIFICATION CODE EMAIL

MICROSOFT WON'T SEND ME A VERIFICATION CODE EMAIL: I have been locked out of my account since last year and Microsoft won't do a thing about it. I've sent multiple emails and phoned multiple times and nothing will work. I am getting charged 7 pound a month for a Xbox live gold membership I CANT EVEN USE BECAUSE YOU WONT LET...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sending email to confirm identity