Windows 10: verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help

Discus and support verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JolendaTusler, Dec 11, 2018.

1. verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help

Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all - how do we restart the process to continue with setup?

:)

JolendaTusler, Dec 11, 2018

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Verifying identity on new laptop

I cannot verify the identity on my new laptop. it seems stuck on that page, with the identity codes i have tried not being accepted. When i went on my old laptop and requested a new password they sent me a code to verify a change of password and that worked
    fine on my old laptop. I have tried the old code and the new code on my new laptop but neither have been accepted.

CraigRichards4, Dec 11, 2018
  4. verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help

Installing Windows asked to verify identity fails

Yes, but I am stuck in verify identity. How do I escape from that?

KenCrookes, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help

1. verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help - Similar Threads - verify identity page

2. "Verify your identity"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  5. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Stuck on Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on Verify your identity: I had an update when I started my computeer today Smile and some other things? and it asked me to log into MS. My password didn’t work, I reset it and now I’m stuck at this screen verify your identity...how would you like to get your security code?[IMG]because that password...
  8. Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on: I'm trying to help my mum remotely. It's not a new computer. After windows updates, she has accidentally entered the wrong password too many times so had to verify her identity. However, she was confused and didn't enter the correct details, or perhaps the computer wasn't...
  9. New computer is stuck at verify your identity page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer is stuck at verify your identity page: I’ve purchased a new computer but received a loop. My machine got stuck at the page "verify your identity". The issue occurred when I tried to set up the computer. It sent me to "verify your identity" page and when I was going to input the security code, it got stuck saying...
  10. Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page: Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all - how do we restart the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot verify idenity face time sesson tomed out

2. cannot verify identity your session has timed out

3. your session has timed out. please restart the process.

4. laptop set up session has timed out please restart the process