Windows 10: Verify MS account

Discus and support Verify MS account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to follow the steps for my Microsoft account however Microsoft fails to send me verification code that supposed to get on my phone. I never... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by madie.schu, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Verify MS account

Trying to follow the steps for my Microsoft account however Microsoft fails to send me verification code that supposed to get on my phone. I never received it. I checked everything there is no error with the information I provided but still dont get it. Please help me.

:)

madie.schu, Sep 29, 2022
  2. sgage Win User

Verify Account

Interesting... I've never had to re-verify my account.

sgage, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Verify MS account

verify account

Microsoft account verification needs two verification methods to protect you. it's much easier to get access only to your email, especially if two-step verification is not used, than to get access both to your email and mobile or landline phone.

You don't need a mobile phone as verification method, a normal landline phone is OK, too. When setting up MS account security, selecting Call instead of Text you can enter a landline number:

Verify MS account [​IMG]

In fact, it is much safer to use a landline phone instead of mobile phone as verification method. This applies especially to those users who don't use passwords on laptops and mobile phones (yes, there still are such idiot careless users). If someone gets access to both laptop or tablet and mobile phone it would be relatively easy to get access to your account.

However, if you use your home number instead as secondary verification method, the criminal would additionally need access to your home.

I am afraid that you are not going to like this: in my opinion, if an MS account owner faces the excruciating 30 day delay in getting access to his / her account after verification with only one verification method, that user can only blame him/herself for not caring about account security before it's too late.

Personally, in addition to using two-step verification and Microsoft Authenticator app, I always add at least two verification email addresses and at least one mobile and one landline phone number as verification methods in all my half a dozen or so MS accounts. It is quite impossible for me to get locked out from my accounts!

Verify MS account [​IMG]

Thema:

Verify MS account

1. Verify MS account - Similar Threads - Verify account

2. how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?: How to verify my unisa group account on telegram?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-verify-my-account-on-unisa-groups-telegram/9bec2055-bf7c-482f-83be-67d1f80d4611
  3. how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?: How to verify my unisa group account on telegram?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-verify-my-account-on-unisa-groups-telegram/9bec2055-bf7c-482f-83be-67d1f80d4611
  4. cannot verify microsoft account to back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot verify microsoft account to back up: My microsoft account has my old business email on it and i no longer have that. I am trying to back up my computer but need to verify my account to do so and I am unable to verify it because I don't have that email. I have gone through the verification form to submit...
  5. cannot verify microsoft account to back up

cannot verify microsoft account to back up: My microsoft account has my old business email on it and i no longer have that. I am trying to back up my computer but need to verify my account to do so and I am unable to verify it because I don't have that email. I have gone through the verification form to submit...
  6. Account unable to verify on device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unable to verify on device: I've had this issue since I switched my accounts Gmail to a new one and deleted the old one. My device now ask for it to be signed in and be verified but when I put in the information. It tells me its unable to verify. What is the worst about this is I'm harassed by a...
  7. Account unable to verify on device

Account unable to verify on device: I've had this issue since I switched my accounts Gmail to a new one and deleted the old one. My device now ask for it to be signed in and be verified but when I put in the information. It tells me its unable to verify. What is the worst about this is I'm harassed by a...
  8. Need help getting in my account it’s saying I need to verify my account I no longer have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help getting in my account it’s saying I need to verify my account I no longer have...: I am locked out of my GroupMe account. I tried to login but it’s saying that I need to verify my phone number I no longer have that phone number. All my information is on that account and I need to get in it....
  9. Need help getting in my account it’s saying I need to verify my account I no longer have...

Need help getting in my account it’s saying I need to verify my account I no longer have...: I am locked out of my GroupMe account. I tried to login but it’s saying that I need to verify my phone number I no longer have that phone number. All my information is on that account and I need to get in it....
  10. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...