Windows 10: Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

Discus and support Verify my identity for my Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MeAndMyComputer, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now.
    --- How do I do that?
    Everything else is the same as far as I know.
    Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out.
    My Windows version number is 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account [​IMG]

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 6, 2019

2. windows 10 - Can't verify identity Microsoft account

Hi,

To better assist you about the problem that you're experiencing with your Microsoft account, we would like to gather more information.

• How are you trying to verify your identity?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot?
    Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 6, 2019
  3. I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ...

There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security,..

but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify my identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on the same laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

aderabalan, Nov 6, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

1. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Verify identity Microsoft

2. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  3. Cant verify my identity on microsoft website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant verify my identity on microsoft website: I have been trying to add an alias email to my account for the past hour. When I click edit account info, it takes me to a log in for the email that already exists. I log in, but then it says i must verify my identity. I get a code sent to the device the email is already on,...
  4. I can't verify my Identity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't verify my Identity: I can log into my account just fine in the Microsoft website. and I already logged into the Microsoft Store. However, when I was trying to download an app in the Store, it asked me to verify my identity yet again. I put my password and it says the password is wrong, but it's...
  5. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  6. Cannot verify my identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my identity: In windows 10, I cannot verify my identity in the "Your Info" tab under settings in Windows 10 because that account email doesn't exist. I have a Microsoft account but when I try to enter that information to verify I get the error "An illegal state change was requested"...
  7. Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

Can not verify my Identity to my computer.: I am trying to sync my passwords between my devices, but when attempting to, a prompt appears for me to enter a password for an account long gone. I have tried changing the password to said account, but when I try that it tells me the account no longer exists which I knew as...
  8. I cannot VERIFY my identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot VERIFY my identity: My email accounts in Mail need to be fixed, including Outlook, but when I try I get 'something went wrong' and 'Pin not available'. Then I get asked to VERIFY my identity, but I cannot do that either. When I try to get a security code sent , either to my designated phone...
  9. Can't verify my identity

Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...
  10. Verify my Microsoft Account

Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to verify my microsoft account in window phone