Windows 10: Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

Discus and support Verify my identity for my Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MeAndMyComputer, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now.
    --- How do I do that?
    Everything else is the same as far as I know.
    Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out.
    My Windows version number is 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account [​IMG]

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 6, 2019

2. windows 10 - Can't verify identity Microsoft account

Hi,

To better assist you about the problem that you're experiencing with your Microsoft account, we would like to gather more information.

• How are you trying to verify your identity?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot?
    Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 6, 2019
  3. I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ...

There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security,..

but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify my identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on the same laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

aderabalan, Nov 6, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

1. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Verify identity Microsoft

2. Verify Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Microsoft account: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18362.476 (1903/May 2019 Update) I'm trying to change my Microsoft account settings because after I log off off windows, it's asking me for a password to get back in, even tho I have disabled the password prompt, and I am the only user....
  3. Verifying identity on new PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verifying identity on new PC: I have used my primary (and only) email address to logon to a new PC, and in the security settings/accounts/your info it says "you need to verify your identity on this PC". If I click the verify link it has a option for, presumably, sending a code to an email address. But...
  4. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify your identity: i bought a new lenovo ideapad laptop today and went to sign in to microsoft. I couldnt remember my password so it is asking to verify my identity. So i gave entered in my email and sent code about 10 times. I am not recieving an email. So then i decided to do it on my phone...
  5. CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number,...
  6. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  7. Updates freezing new computer and verify identity for microsoft account not respondig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates freezing new computer and verify identity for microsoft account not respondig: Hello all, New Asus laptop with Windows 10. Everything goes to hell with automatic updates. Constantly trys and fails to install and then the computer starts to freeze, especially video. I have to reboot everything and prevent updates by claiming to have a metered...
  8. Verify my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......
  9. Verify identity MS acc

Verify identity MS acc: I've had this before. I go into the users GUI and see under my acc it wants me to verify. I click it and it goes away and back to normal. Its rare, it happened once months ago and and now again this evening. I prob wont be bothered by it for another few weeks or months. But...
  10. Can't verify Outlook account identity

Can't verify Outlook account identity: I have a problem on a new Dell machine running the current Windows 10 Home version 1709 OS build 16299.192 every thing is up to date and no viruses etc. I can’t log in to Outlook.com via the Outlook.com link on the Bing homepage either using Edge or Explorer, it just hangs...