Windows 10: "Verify that it's you" menu popped up

Discus and support "Verify that it's you" menu popped up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was using the Windows "Movie and TV" app when a "verify that it's you" menu popped up, prompting me to enter my computer's/account's pin. After that,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mikehahn68, Nov 23, 2020.

1. "Verify that it's you" menu popped up

I was using the Windows "Movie and TV" app when a "verify that it's you" menu popped up, prompting me to enter my computer's/account's pin. After that, the menu disappeared without anything following.

After the window disappeared, it occurred to me that this was a bit odd. I had been using the Movie and TV app before this and I don't think this menu would have inhibited my use of the computer in anyway had I not entered my pin. Additionally, I had never seen this window pop up before, and the window itself seemed at least somewhat barebones to a point where I had a notion that it might still be loading in it had a windows 10 "look" to it, at the very least.

In short, is this an actual window that will pop up on Windows 10? Is it a recent update? If it has been a part of Windows 10 for a while, what triggered this? I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but I want to be sure I did not just hand off my pin to some malware program while thinking nothing of it.

Thanks!

:)

mikehahn68, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu keeps popping out and taking screenshots on its own

I followed all the steps you suggested. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I am not pressing any key but the start menu still pops up then it take screenshots on its own

IreneBarcena, Nov 23, 2020
  4. "Verify that it's you" menu popped up

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

"Verify that it's you" menu popped up

1. "Verify that it's you" menu popped up - Similar Threads - Verify menu popped

2. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  3. What is this menu that auto pops up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this menu that auto pops up?: Hello guys. How are you all doing? Whenever I start my Laptop on, this menu always opens up. Any idea what is causing it and how do you stop that from happening? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Settings menu randomly pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings menu randomly pops up: Windows Settings menu normally invoked by Windows key +i randomly pops up. This happens every 10 or so minutes and disrupts ongoing activity. It needs to be disabled somehow but none of the known methods or security settings works in this case....
  5. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  6. Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account: My son's PC microsoft account keeps popping up the 'You must verify this computer in order to enable family features.' on every log in, and family features no longer work, is there a way to fix this? His account is unrestricted now because of this. He's logging into the PC...
  7. Verified Apps Messages Pop Up All of a Sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verified Apps Messages Pop Up All of a Sudden: I messed around with my Win 10 in trying to uninstall all traces of a printer software and I may have messed it up slightly. Apps that I used to install with no issues are now met with a pop message saying the following: "The app you're trying to install is not a verified...
  8. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...
  9. Win+X menu fails to pop up or pops up but the menu entries do not

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+X menu fails to pop up or pops up but the menu entries do not: Hi, I've got two standard profiles and one administrator profile on my lap top. Win+X works for the standard profiles , but not for the administrator profile. How come? I have checked that the winx files are where they should be in...
  10. Pop up "are you sure you want to leave this page"

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop up "are you sure you want to leave this page": I keep getting this when using IE, how can I get rid of ths please 41636