Windows 10: verify what type of windows 10

Discus and support verify what type of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am replacing my motherboard and graphics card and don't remember how I got windows 10. I have the windows 8 sticker and key number on the case. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisGingras, Oct 22, 2020.

1. verify what type of windows 10

I am replacing my motherboard and graphics card and don't remember how I got windows 10. I have the windows 8 sticker and key number on the case. How can I find out if the computer can reuse current windows, or if I will have to purchase a new license/version. This will determine if I upgrade or replace the computer.

:)

DennisGingras, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

verify what type of windows 10

Delta6326, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

verify what type of windows 10

1. verify what type of windows 10 - Similar Threads - verify type

2. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  3. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  4. verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify your identity: Hello, when i start outlook app on windows i get the "you need to verify your identity" popping up and i always press use a method not listed here to type in my password instead, beacuse i dont remember my pincode but when ever i press use a method not listed here the window...
  5. verify your identity

verify your identity: Hello, when i start outlook app on windows i get the "you need to verify your identity" popping up and i always press use a method not listed here to type in my password instead, beacuse i dont remember my pincode but when ever i press use a method not listed here the window...
  6. verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  8. Unable to contact Active Directory to access or verify claim types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to contact Active Directory to access or verify claim types: Hey Guys,In the AD domain environment. I want to update a user's "Special Permissions" for a folder on a server.The advanced permissions are however grey. I see the error at the bottom "Unable to contact Active Directory to access or verify claim types"I have investigated and...
  9. Unable to contact Active Directory to access or verify claim types

Unable to contact Active Directory to access or verify claim types: Hey Guys,In the AD domain environment. I want to update a user's "Special Permissions" for a folder on a server.The advanced permissions are however grey. I see the error at the bottom "Unable to contact Active Directory to access or verify claim types"I have investigated and...
  10. Can not type code in to identity verify window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not type code in to identity verify window.: I am trying to verify my identity to change my icon photo on my windows 10 desktop, but when I try to type in the code, nothing happens, no numbers will appear in the box. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsLURsEy4UDUg5BdQkWfGUnjY_5BDQ?e=tFBj0r...