Windows 10: Verify Your Account

Discus and support Verify Your Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A couple times lately I've gotten an email saying: Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity Microsoft account Verify your account We detected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scall0way, May 2, 2020.

1. Scall0way Win User

Verify Your Account

A couple times lately I've gotten an email saying:

Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity
    Microsoft account
    Verify your account
    We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app.
    To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you secure your account. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was yours.
    Review recent activity

I don't know how to proceed. Naturally I'm not going to click on a link in the email. But I'm not even aware of having a Microsoft account ID. I certainly can't recall ever signing in to Microsoft, maybe something I had to do once when setting up my new computer a couple years ago. I haven't a clue what my ID or password would be. I checked in my password keeper but have nothing in there for Microsoft. Certainly nothing I would have done recently by any means, either from this device or any other possible device. What is my best way to proceed to figure out what this is about? I've gotten an email like this twice fairly recently. The email says it's from:"Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>" which sounds reasonably legit.

:)

Scall0way, May 2, 2020
  2. sgage Win User

Verify Account

Interesting... I've never had to re-verify my account.

sgage, May 2, 2020
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, May 2, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Verify Your Account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Verify Your Account

1. Verify Your Account - Similar Threads - Verify Account

2. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  3. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  4. how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?: How to verify my unisa group account on telegram?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-verify-my-account-on-unisa-groups-telegram/9bec2055-bf7c-482f-83be-67d1f80d4611
  5. how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?

how to verify my account on Unisa groups - telegram?: How to verify my unisa group account on telegram?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-verify-my-account-on-unisa-groups-telegram/9bec2055-bf7c-482f-83be-67d1f80d4611
  6. cannot verify microsoft account to back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot verify microsoft account to back up: My microsoft account has my old business email on it and i no longer have that. I am trying to back up my computer but need to verify my account to do so and I am unable to verify it because I don't have that email. I have gone through the verification form to submit...
  7. cannot verify microsoft account to back up

cannot verify microsoft account to back up: My microsoft account has my old business email on it and i no longer have that. I am trying to back up my computer but need to verify my account to do so and I am unable to verify it because I don't have that email. I have gone through the verification form to submit...
  8. Account unable to verify on device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unable to verify on device: I've had this issue since I switched my accounts Gmail to a new one and deleted the old one. My device now ask for it to be signed in and be verified but when I put in the information. It tells me its unable to verify. What is the worst about this is I'm harassed by a...
  9. Account unable to verify on device

Account unable to verify on device: I've had this issue since I switched my accounts Gmail to a new one and deleted the old one. My device now ask for it to be signed in and be verified but when I put in the information. It tells me its unable to verify. What is the worst about this is I'm harassed by a...
  10. Need help getting in my account it’s saying I need to verify my account I no longer have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help getting in my account it’s saying I need to verify my account I no longer have...: I am locked out of my GroupMe account. I tried to login but it’s saying that I need to verify my phone number I no longer have that phone number. All my information is on that account and I need to get in it....