Windows 10: Verify Your Account

Discus and support Verify Your Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A couple times lately I've gotten an email saying: Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity Microsoft account Verify your account We detected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scall0way, May 2, 2020.

1. Scall0way Win User

Verify Your Account

A couple times lately I've gotten an email saying:

Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity
    Microsoft account
    Verify your account
    We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app.
    To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you secure your account. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was yours.
    Review recent activity

I don't know how to proceed. Naturally I'm not going to click on a link in the email. But I'm not even aware of having a Microsoft account ID. I certainly can't recall ever signing in to Microsoft, maybe something I had to do once when setting up my new computer a couple years ago. I haven't a clue what my ID or password would be. I checked in my password keeper but have nothing in there for Microsoft. Certainly nothing I would have done recently by any means, either from this device or any other possible device. What is my best way to proceed to figure out what this is about? I've gotten an email like this twice fairly recently. The email says it's from:"Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>" which sounds reasonably legit.

:)

Scall0way, May 2, 2020
  2. sgage Win User

Verify Account

Interesting... I've never had to re-verify my account.

sgage, May 2, 2020
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, May 2, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Verify Your Account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Verify Your Account

1. Verify Your Account - Similar Threads - Verify Account

2. I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I also am getting a " illegal state change " when I try to verify my account settings: Have not had this problem before. down loaded a app went to app store and it shows it was purchased but nowhere on my files or in store only thing I can find a problem in. That's why I checked my system . and found the above statement. " illegal state change "...
  3. Cant get my account verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get my account verified: I cant verify my account because I've used an old email addres that's been removed and a phone number I don't use. My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** It's an email i've been using for quite some time. I've tried contacting support but to no avail. . ....
  4. Cant verify account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant verify account: A few days ago I went to sign into my Microsoft windows account on my PC and it said I was signed into a temporary account until I can verify my account and when I went to verify it it wanted to send a code to an old phone number that is no longer in service and when I went...
  5. Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to verify Microsoft Account on PC: I've tried several time to verify that I am who I say I am and windows help will not let me type in my password ***Original title: windows won't let me put my password in to verify my id***...
  6. cannot send or receive messaggs to verify my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot send or receive messaggs to verify my account: cannot receive or receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-messaggs-to-verify-my/6e517ccd-244d-4a85-83c8-bb7676ca50ab
  7. I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has...

I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has...: I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has a typo and I am unable to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-verify-my-microsoft-account-but-the/3b08ebe5-0ecb-4544-9155-1f57a702dc42"
  8. the email in my verify account is not my email and has been changed, system will not allow...

the email in my verify account is not my email and has been changed, system will not allow...: On my Microsoft verify info, my email has been changed to an email address which is not mine of my families. I get an error message not allowing me to change the email for 30 days but my account is high jacked at this point...
  9. Deleted my old account, made a new one with the exact SAME email-address. ~ Can't verify my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted my old account, made a new one with the exact SAME email-address. ~ Can't verify my...: The title pretty much says it all. I've deleted my old account, created a new one with the same email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** , tried to log-in into/"verify'' my Microsoft Account in the account settings, couldn't get the job done because of a pop-up...
  10. Verifying account is a nightmare been on that long I could scream

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Verifying account is a nightmare been on that long I could scream: Why do you go round and round in circles trying to get in to your account? Problem with Office 365 - every time I try to open a new word document it starts to configure Office 365? I pay for this service annually and am fed up. I am running windows 10....