Windows 10: verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login

Discus and support verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; forgot my passsword; "verufy identity goes round and rond in closed loop--submitted new password twice, then it just asks for another "verify"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Richard Lynn3, Apr 23, 2023.

1. verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login

forgot my passsword; "verufy identity goes round and rond in closed loop--submitted new password twice, then it just asks for another "verify"

:)

Richard Lynn3, Apr 23, 2023

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Apr 23, 2023
  3. Unable to verify identity in Windows 10 - goes into infinite loop

Thanks, Karla.

I may not have explained things well enough. My 'old' W10 login and Microsoft a/c login were my old e-mail address, which is disappearing soon. I wished to change both W10 and MS logins to my new e-mail. There is a procedure for doing this elsewhere on
    the MS Community which involves setting the new e-mail as secondary alias (in MS account), re-starting, going back to MS account and making the new e-mail the primary alias; restarting. This procedure WORKED for 3 out of 4 users on my PC (not always immediately,
    had to wait a day or so for the change to take effect). Problem arises with the 4th user where I get the 'you need to verify your identity'. When I click on this, W10 asks for the password for the 'old' e-mail (secondary alias) and even though I enter this
    correctly, W10 goes into an infinite loop. See previous screen-shots.

So I do not have 2 Windows logins, one for the primary alias and the other for the secondary alias, just the one login for my primary alias. So if I delete the W10 account as you suggest I am concerned that this will risk loss of all my pictures, music,
    docs, etc.

As an experiment, I deleted the secondary alias from my MS account and pressed again on 'verify your identity'. As before, the W10 screen has my old secondary alias (not user-changeable). This time on entering the password for this (now deleted) MS account
    I get a red error message 'the password is incorrect'. This error message is erroneous - it should say 'no such MS account' or similar.

I am coming to the view that deleting my W10 account may be the only way forward (I think that's in effect what you are saying in your recent reply). I shall have to back up all my files first, of course.

One question is: if I delete my existing W10 account, will Microsoft allow me to set up a new account with the same Microsoft account name as before?

TonyKirkham, Apr 23, 2023
  4. MikeV_413 Win User

verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login

Why can't I verify my identity?

I'm literally stuck in a loop here. When I'm in the Your Info settings menu I see that "You need to verify your identity" so I click the "verify" link below.

First, my username/alias automatically pops up but with the error message "That Microsoft account doesn't exist"

It does exist because I just set it up. I continue to next at which point I'm asked for my password. I enter it and receive this error:

Oops, something went wrong. The service isn't available right now - please try again later"

I've tried the virtual agent prompts which suggest I add extra security to verify my account; log in through the browser and add a phone number. Keep getting the same errors when I go back to verify my identity. I try the virtual agent again and now it's
    suggested that I download the Microsoft Authentication app to my phone, I do, and when I try to verify my identity I'll go through the same process;

That account doesn't exist / next / Enter verification code (or password) / Oops

MikeV_413, Apr 23, 2023
Thema:

verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login

1. verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login - Similar Threads - verify identity closed

2. verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify your identity: Hello, when i start outlook app on windows i get the "you need to verify your identity" popping up and i always press use a method not listed here to type in my password instead, beacuse i dont remember my pincode but when ever i press use a method not listed here the window...
  3. verify your identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verify your identity: Hello, when i start outlook app on windows i get the "you need to verify your identity" popping up and i always press use a method not listed here to type in my password instead, beacuse i dont remember my pincode but when ever i press use a method not listed here the window...
  4. verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login: forgot my passsword; "verufy identity goes round and rond in closed loop--submitted new password twice, then it just asks for another "verify"...
  5. verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login

verify your identity in closed loop cannot change my login: forgot my passsword; "verufy identity goes round and rond in closed loop--submitted new password twice, then it just asks for another "verify"...
  6. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify your identity: Hi, I know the password and i have the phone. But it doesnt send any link for verification to the phone or code to activate. Pls check this asap..tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-your-identity/1eb07bd5-e13d-4d82-8941-943f0eaf3842
  7. Verify your identity

Verify your identity: Hi, I know the password and i have the phone. But it doesnt send any link for verification to the phone or code to activate. Pls check this asap..tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-your-identity/1eb07bd5-e13d-4d82-8941-943f0eaf3842
  8. "Verify your identity"

"Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  9. verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    verify your identity: HI I have a laptop i am keep getting the voice massage verify your identity.i chose the option to call and send me code verification.i am entering the code its says invalid code and keep asking for verify your identity. how i can surpass this?...
  10. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...