Windows 10: Verify your identity

Discus and support Verify your identity in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TaylorFalk, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Verify your identity

A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had already verified last time. Very very bad choice. Now the screen is frozen. My mouse can move, but it cant click anything. I am trapped in “Verify your identity”. How do I get out of it?

:)

TaylorFalk, Jan 12, 2019

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Jan 12, 2019
  3. WWilliams Win User
    identity will not verify

my identity will not verify in my info

WWilliams, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Verify your identity

Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Verify your identity

1. Verify your identity - Similar Threads - Verify identity

2. I CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on my Genuine Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info about my latest...
  3. CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number,...
  4. New computer is stuck at verify your identity page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer is stuck at verify your identity page: I’ve purchased a new computer but received a loop. My machine got stuck at the page "verify your identity". The issue occurred when I tried to set up the computer. It sent me to "verify your identity" page and when I was going to input the security code, it got stuck saying...
  5. Updates freezing new computer and verify identity for microsoft account not respondig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates freezing new computer and verify identity for microsoft account not respondig: Hello all, New Asus laptop with Windows 10. Everything goes to hell with automatic updates. Constantly trys and fails to install and then the computer starts to freeze, especially video. I have to reboot everything and prevent updates by claiming to have a metered...
  6. Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page: Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all - how do we restart the...
  7. verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help: Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all - how do we restart the...
  8. Verifying identity on new laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verifying identity on new laptop: I have bought a laptop and my wife started installing Windows on it. It came to the section to verify my identity for my microsoft account. it asked me how i would like to get my security code so i clicked Text to my phone ending in 47. unfortunately my phone was in work so i...
  9. Verify identity MS acc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify identity MS acc: I've had this before. I go into the users GUI and see under my acc it wants me to verify. I click it and it goes away and back to normal. Its rare, it happened once months ago and and now again this evening. I prob wont be bothered by it for another few weeks or months. But...
  10. Can't verify Outlook account identity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't verify Outlook account identity: I have a problem on a new Dell machine running the current Windows 10 Home version 1709 OS build 16299.192 every thing is up to date and no viruses etc. I can’t log in to Outlook.com via the Outlook.com link on the Bing homepage either using Edge or Explorer, it just hangs...