Windows 10: Verifying a child account

Discus and support Verifying a child account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I made a new Microsoft account for my son. It is associated with his Christmas laptop. I forgot the password and tried to reset using my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Davina CarsoncWittick, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Verifying a child account

I made a new Microsoft account for my son. It is associated with his Christmas laptop. I forgot the password and tried to reset using my Microsoft account - the one that is the Family Safety account, but it still says that it cannot verify that it is his address. He has not sent an email address. There are no other passwords so there are none remembered. And I cannot for the life of me find any way at all to contact Microsoft. All of the information related to resetting you account password, absolutely do not work when your child has never used their account. Moreover, if he had, what a

:)

Davina CarsoncWittick, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Askboy4 Win User

Verifying child account

So I logged in as the child account and it told me to verify my account, now when I closed it, it keeps popping up. Next I clicked verify and it told me to enter a code by a parent email. Now I clicked SKIP (5 days) and now I want to verify my account. Do I still have to wait 5 days?

Askboy4, Nov 23, 2021
  3. verifying my child’s account

Hi Norman,

It is unusual that you are required to verify the child's account multiple times.

I suggest you to try removing the child account and re-add it and check if the issue persists. Refer the link below for reference:

Add a child account to your family

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Verifying a child account

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Verifying a child account

1. Verifying a child account - Similar Threads - Verifying child account

2. Verify child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify child account: Hi,I cannot verify my child's account. It gives me error: it's not you, it is us. We cannot login into computer, i cannot add her again into the family as verification will not pass. She is currently family member....
  3. Verify child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify child account: Hi,I cannot verify my child's account. It gives me error: it's not you, it is us. We cannot login into computer, i cannot add her again into the family as verification will not pass. She is currently family member....
  4. Change country of child account that is not yet verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change country of child account that is not yet verified: Hi,I'm creating an account for my child and accidently selected Korea for the country. It is forcing me to i-PIN verify my age before I can activate his account. I don't have a way to i-PIN verify. I also can't change the country or delete his account since I can't sign into...
  5. Change country of child account that is not yet verified

Change country of child account that is not yet verified: Hi,I'm creating an account for my child and accidently selected Korea for the country. It is forcing me to i-PIN verify my age before I can activate his account. I don't have a way to i-PIN verify. I also can't change the country or delete his account since I can't sign into...
  6. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop: I have a message that I need to verify my child account on her windows device; however, anytime I try to log on, it closes automatically, so I am not able to follow the steps described to verify it and then in loops...
  7. Verifying a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying a child account: I made a new Microsoft account for my son. It is associated with his Christmas laptop. I forgot the password and tried to reset using my Microsoft account - the one that is the Family Safety account, but it still says that it cannot verify that it is his address. He has not...
  8. Verifying a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verifying a child account: I made a new Microsoft account for my son. It is associated with his Christmas laptop. I forgot the password and tried to reset using my Microsoft account - the one that is the Family Safety account, but it still says that it cannot verify that it is his address. He has not...
  9. Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account

Microsoft Family Verify keeps popping up on Child account: My son's PC microsoft account keeps popping up the 'You must verify this computer in order to enable family features.' on every log in, and family features no longer work, is there a way to fix this? His account is unrestricted now because of this. He's logging into the PC...
  10. Verifying child account

Verifying child account: So I logged in as the child account and it told me to verify my account, now when I closed it, it keeps popping up. Next I clicked verify and it told me to enter a code by a parent email. Now I clicked SKIP (5 days) and now I want to verify my account. Do I still have to wait...