Windows 10: Verifying identity on new laptop

Discus and support Verifying identity on new laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have bought a laptop and my wife started installing Windows on it. It came to the section to verify my identity for my microsoft account. it asked me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CraigRichards4, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Verifying identity on new laptop

I have bought a laptop and my wife started installing Windows on it. It came to the section to verify my identity for my microsoft account. it asked me how i would like to get my security code so i clicked Text to my phone ending in 47. unfortunately my phone was in work so i did not get the code until about 6 hours later. when i tried entering the code that it gave me it says the code does not work any more. i have reset my password, and it has sent me a new 7 digit code for verification but the laptop says that code didnt work check the code and try again.

it wont let me move off this page, i go back to see how i would like my security code sent again and it says "theres a temporary problem with the service. please try again. if you continue to get this message try again later". I have had this message for 3 or 4 days now , nothing i do can get me to move off this page. please help

:)

CraigRichards4, Nov 5, 2018

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Nov 5, 2018
  3. RhondasPC Win User
    Asking to verify my identity

Hi,

I purchased a new laptop and its asking me to verify my identity.

My problem is my old laptop died, so I don't have access to the information I had re my microsoft account.

The time expired for me to verify and now I can't progress past "Verify your identity" (I am wanting to throw the computer out my window eek)

Thanks

Rhonda

RhondasPC, Nov 5, 2018
  4. cazjon Win User

Verifying identity on new laptop

New laptop; can`t verify my microsoft identity

Hi, hope someone can help.

I can`t verify my microsoft account identity on my new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10, because the email address is wrong on the screen box.

I now have to wait 24 hours after 3 attempts, trying to reset the password.

I`ve opened a new Microsoft account (using my old laptop), but can`t use it because I can`t get past the verify setup page on the new laptop.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks

cazjon, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Verifying identity on new laptop

1. Verifying identity on new laptop - Similar Threads - Verifying identity laptop

2. "Verify your identity"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  5. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  7. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot VERIFY Identity

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot VERIFY Identity: I cannot VERIFY my identity in my account. When I try I get the unhelpful response that 'something' went wrong. I have issues possibly related to this, such as the fact that my main email account which is part of my identity (Outlook) has stopped working and attempts to fix...
  9. Verifying identity on new PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verifying identity on new PC: I have used my primary (and only) email address to logon to a new PC, and in the security settings/accounts/your info it says "you need to verify your identity on this PC". If I click the verify link it has a option for, presumably, sending a code to an email address. But...
  10. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...