Windows 10: Verifying my identity

Discus and support Verifying my identity in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OwenEmery1, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Verifying my identity

When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:-

"Sorry, there's a problem with the server, so we can't sign you in at the moment. We're working to fix it as soon as we can. Please try again in a few minutes".

Since I've been getting this message for several weeks now, how soon will the problematical server be fixed to enable me to complete the verification process? And what are the implications of my inability to complete this process in the meantime?

:)

OwenEmery1, Mar 29, 2021

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Mar 29, 2021
  3. WWilliams Win User
    identity will not verify

my identity will not verify in my info

WWilliams, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Verifying my identity

Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Verifying my identity

1. Verifying my identity - Similar Threads - Verifying identity

2. you need to verify your identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you need to verify your identity: Hello i keep getting the message that i need to verify my identity on microsoft account, i always press "use another method" instead of pin beacuse i dont know my pin, the window just stays white, does so i cant type in the password, same thing when i go to reset my pin so i...
  3. you need to verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    you need to verify your identity: Hello i keep getting the message that i need to verify my identity on microsoft account, i always press "use another method" instead of pin beacuse i dont know my pin, the window just stays white, does so i cant type in the password, same thing when i go to reset my pin so i...
  4. you need to verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, my PC suddenly forgets that I'm signed in and gives me a "Microsoft account error" pop-up that asks me to "verify my identity." All I have to do is enter my PIN to sign in again, but being signed out constantly in the middle of working is getting...
  6. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, my PC suddenly forgets that I'm signed in and gives me a "Microsoft account error" pop-up that asks me to "verify my identity." All I have to do is enter my PIN to sign in again, but being signed out constantly in the middle of working is getting...
  7. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...
  8. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...
  9. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Verify Identity doesn't work

Verify Identity doesn't work: asked for a code in my email : got it but filing it in on the...