Windows 10: Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones

Discus and support Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A message from Ronan Dunne, executive vice president and group president of Verizon Wireless: Unfortunately, it’s a harsh reality that bad actors are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones

Source: Protecting our customers from identity theft and fraud | About Verizon

:)

Brink, Feb 23, 2019
  2. D_o_S Win User

Apple iPhone Gets FCC Approval

Apple recently announced that it has officially received FCC approval to sell the iPhone, its much anticipated entry into the mobile phone market. Along with getting FCC approval, the iPhone is ready to ship next month, Apple spokespeople said.

All mobile phones offered in the United States must receive a "grant of equipment authorization," which means it has received the green light from the FCC.

"We're on track to release it in late June," Cingular spokesman Mark Siegel said. "Nothing has changed."

FCC documents confirmed the iPhone will have WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. Apple requested the FCC keep several details secret from the public, including the official launch date of the device. Apple also requested the FCC not release external or internal photographs and user manual of the iPhone for 45 days -- which means the material will likely not be made available until the iPhone is on the market.

Source: DailyTech

D_o_S, Feb 23, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    Apple forgot to gain approval from FCC for their iPhone

Look at the source... He was making phone calls with it already... Odds are they didn't forget to get FCC approval. And Apple is not that stupid, they will have no issues releasing it.

niko084, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones

Apple forgot to gain approval from FCC for their iPhone

Apple finally unveiled their iPhone at Macworld. Too bad they forgot one critical step: getting it licensed through the FCC. And of course, any cell phone that isn't approved by the FCC is not allowed to be sold or distributed in the United States of America. Add this to the recent lawsuit from Cisco over the iPhone name, and chances are it will be a long time before Apple gets to sell it's iPhone to the general public.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones

1. Verizon requesting FCC to approve temp 60 day lock period on phones - Similar Threads - Verizon requesting FCC

2. What does the notification on my phone "approve sign-in request CLJTE" mean ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the notification on my phone "approve sign-in request CLJTE" mean ??: I mostly understand the two factor sign-in stuff... but what on earth is "CLTJE" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-notification-on-my-phone-approve/4980f51c-9098-4402-ab87-d03a6b5d34e3
  3. What does the notification on my phone "approve sign-in request CLJTE" mean ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does the notification on my phone "approve sign-in request CLJTE" mean ??: I mostly understand the two factor sign-in stuff... but what on earth is "CLTJE" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-notification-on-my-phone-approve/4980f51c-9098-4402-ab87-d03a6b5d34e3
  4. Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link: Hi,My client system needs me to authenticate myself my pressing on Approve/Deny via a Microsoft Authenticator app notification when I log in to the system. It gets a bit annoying that each time I have to open a client URL or login to the system I need to access my phone to...
  5. Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link

Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link: Hi,My client system needs me to authenticate myself my pressing on Approve/Deny via a Microsoft Authenticator app notification when I log in to the system. It gets a bit annoying that each time I have to open a client URL or login to the system I need to access my phone to...
  6. Please approve my refund request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please approve my refund request: Split from this thread.This issue is not resolved.Please kindly approve my request refund. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-approve-my-refund-request/e0582e27-67ce-4838-a3d3-1acaf5bb051a
  7. Please approve my refund request

Please approve my refund request: Split from this thread.This issue is not resolved.Please kindly approve my request refund. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-approve-my-refund-request/e0582e27-67ce-4838-a3d3-1acaf5bb051a
  8. 30 day period

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    30 day period: Hii, my partner had to reset his computer and now cant log in because of the 30 day pending period for changing his phone number. he really needs access to his computer is there any way to work around this as he doesnt have his old number anymore!...
  9. Install approval from phone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install approval from phone: Hi, I have Microsoft safety accounts and several computers using them. All but one account are standard users. Is there an email or text option that allows approval of an install without the admin actually needing to be in front of the computer. If not does anyone have any...
  10. FCC approves Net Neutrality rules

in Windows 10 News
    FCC approves Net Neutrality rules: A historic vote took place in Washington, D.C today where the FCC voted to reclassify broadband under Title II which gives the regulatory body authority to impose rules over broadband providers. The new rules are designed to make sure that the Internet remains free of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new stupid verizon 60 day rule