Windows 10: Version 10586 (Fall ) no longer shows Windows Defender Updates

Discus and support Version 10586 (Fall ) no longer shows Windows Defender Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just noticed that after the install of the fall update, Windows Defender definition updates no longer appear in advanced update settings after they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Reldel, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Reldel Win User

Version 10586 (Fall ) no longer shows Windows Defender Updates

Just noticed that after the install of the fall update, Windows Defender definition updates no longer appear in advanced update settings after they install: see All Settings>Update Security>Advanced options>View Your Update History.

It appears that only Windows updates now are registered in Update History.

I believe all previous versions of Insider showed the Defender updates.

:)

Reldel, Nov 12, 2015

2. Windows Update requires change of registries. Which ones need to be changed?

The Update Assistant shows that the update would be from version 10586 to 16299

ColinRaiden, Nov 12, 2015
  3. [Windows 10] Desktop Slideshow not changing pictures automatically

The timing thing is irrelevant: the new UI just doesn't show the old options and shows the "no longer available options" incorrectly.

Without an ability to reproduce this I don't have much to go on here. I did ask you if you were on the 10586 / Fall update version - that was never responded to that I notice and might be relevant. The Fall update interface responds more clearly when policies
    and such are effecting your wallpaper.

zachd [MSFT], Nov 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I just installed a WD definition update, and yep, it's not listed in history anymore in TH2.

Version 10586 (Fall ) no longer shows Windows Defender Updates [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Unnecessary I suppose.
    All the info is in the Defender UI.

Edwin, Nov 15, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Not sure if I like this or not....if an update fails, does it still show? Do we have to go searching now to make sure Defender is up-to-date?

simrick, Nov 15, 2015
  7. They all have the same KB number and just clutter up the list, IMHO. Would be nice if they listed just the last one done though. Just so you know they are being done.

alphanumeric, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Inundated Win User

As long as they show up in Defender, I'm fine.

And they do:

Version 10586 (Fall ) no longer shows Windows Defender Updates [​IMG]

Inundated, Nov 15, 2015
  9. simrick Win User
    I agree - I'd like to be able to see that without having to go opening Defender to check.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Version 10586 (Fall ) no longer shows Windows Defender Updates - Similar Threads - Version 10586 Fall

2. Windows Fall Creators Update - (Version 1809?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Fall Creators Update - (Version 1809?): Can any of you kind folks PLEASE tell me whether the latest update has been re-released, or not? When I run "Windows 10 Update Assistant" or manually search for updates in Settings, I get a message "Thank you for updating to the latest version of Windows 10" or "Your device...
  3. Update Version 1511, 10586 Won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Version 1511, 10586 Won't install: Good morning everyone! My updates show that 1511, 10586 is ready and will install after a restart. Well after it restarts it does nothing at all. Just restarts normally. It is set to auto restart so it just pops up in the middle of everything to restart and still does...
  4. Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?

Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?: Not sure if it's just me, but for some reason, since the Jan 12 patch Tuesday, I no longer see definition updates for Windows Defender on Windows Update's "View your update history" page. Anyone else noticing this? I, for one, am happy about this change, since those...
  5. update version 1511, 10586 fails and continously reloads

update version 1511, 10586 fails and continously reloads: my system wanted "to configure a separate update". It downloaded forever, then said the update failed - no explanation. "try again" downloaded what appears to be the whole lot again, taking forever. It failed - no explanation. Now its downloading forever again. Aside...
  6. Update to Build 10586

Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  7. Windows 10 Build 1511, 10586 update version fail

Windows 10 Build 1511, 10586 update version fail: Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 Firstly, I have bought a Laptop which including Windows 10 OEM from factory then I add SSD and Clone HHD which have a licence (all of disk to SSD). After that, I have been trying to up version to be 10586, during updating...
  8. Windows will not update after 10586

Windows will not update after 10586: When Windows 10 was originally available I managed to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - with problems sending me back to Windows 7 several times. The windows upgrade assistant says my desktop is on Windows 10 update 10586 and updates up to 15063 are available. I have...
  9. Windows 10 version 1511 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1511 10586: Has anyone had this update restart your machine 11 or 12 times and still Windows still wants to do it again. I have over the last 10 or so days. How now brown cow? Microsoft folks, is it an update or are you just being annoying!!!???? Please advise. I would like to get past...
  10. Microsoft has signed off build 10586 as the 'Fall Update'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has signed off build 10586 as the 'Fall Update': Microsoft has signed off build 10586 as the 'Fall Update' for desktop and mobile Following weeks of speculation and estimates regarding when the Threshold 2 update would be finalized and pushed out to Insiders - and, subsequently, to Windows 10 RTM and Windows Phone 8.1...